General discussion

Metropolitain Toronto contains 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 million

people. How many Tax Offices would you expect for that number of people?

Well, Toronto has 2, one right down at the lake which requires a 3 separate forms of Public Transit to get to from where I live which is "downtown". And the other one is a long way north, but at least it's two separate subways which is easy, if a long ride.

Toronto is a rectangle with a ragged southern border (long side) caused by Lake Ontario (I'm ignoring the Toronto Islands with a small community which is close to the one on the lake.)

Why in heaven's name don't they at least have two more to serve the Eastern and Western parts of the city?. That would be one office for every 6-700,000 people instead of one per million and a quarter. I think it's ridiculous.

Rob

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Metropolitain Toronto contains 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 million
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Metropolitain Toronto contains 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 million
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
RE: How many Tax Offices would you expect

It's not the number of people, it's the number of complaint/disputes.

We Canadians enjoy paying our taxes and have no disputes.

I had 1 about the Tax Free Savings Account this year.

BUT I'm the exception....me and 70,000 other Canadians. Devil

I think I read a year ago about having to make an appointment to visit CRA...Back in the old days you could walk in off the street and talk to someone.

- Collapse -
Well, as I said, at least one of them is subway accessible,

but with an aging population more people will be needing help. Revenue Canada are certainly economizing.

Rob

- Collapse -
Well, my town is a measly 1 million or so

and, to be honest, I don't know where our tax offices are. I 'd have to look them up if I needed to make a personal visit but that's not happened as yet. So, I don't have a way to empathize in this regard. I suppose what might be equally if not more important would be the staffing level and the ability to handle peak loads. We have several layers of taxation as well: federal, state and city income plus county level and other "use" taxes that come from who knows where. Each would probably have it's own offices or contacts for public inquiry need and few of these would be easy to find.

I don't follow them but maybe this is what the "tea party" movement is all about. Devil

CNET Forums

Forum Info