Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Methinks they doth protest too much!

"They" are Muslims. This was inspired by something I heard radio talker Neal Boortz say on TV recently. I went to Google and entered the string "xxxxxxxx outraged", where xxxxxxxx is the name of a religious group; I also threw in atheists for good measure. Note: I used the Boolean quotes to insure that only those hits in which BOTH words are present would be displayed. The results:

Buddhists outraged: 58
Atheists outraged: 200
Hindus outraged: 657
Christians outraged: 1,640
Jews outraged: 3,620
Muslims outraged: 32,000

My conclusions (they differ from Boortz's, BTW): My guess is that by continually expressing their "outrage" in these politically correct times, the apologists for Islam seek to deflect and ultimately suppress all criticism of Islam and Muslims - even when it is totally justified and deserved. Then, insulated from all public opposition, the coast will truly be clear for Islamofascism to prosper in the U.S. as it is doing so wonderfully in Western Europe, where the locals have been intimidated into looking the other way at anything ostensibly done in the name of Allah.

Your thoughts?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Methinks they doth protest too much!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Methinks they doth protest too much!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I don't think it's all just that

In reply to: Methinks they doth protest too much!

religious group but very much the media trying to whip up more fear. We've seen the kind of violence that comes from all of those you've listed and, by far, Muslims have been depicted as the meanest. So which headline here would get the lead?

Chihuahua Escapes from Dog Pound or

Hungry Bengal Tiger Missing from Local Zoo

Of course all bets are off if the canine critter belonged to Paris Hilton. Wink

Collapse -
(NT) which is more dangerous?

In reply to: I don't think it's all just that

Collapse -
Paris.....by a wide margin

In reply to: which is more dangerous?

Kills the brain and leaves the body alive.

Collapse -
(NT) Good one!

In reply to: Paris.....by a wide margin

Collapse -
I can imagine worse:

In reply to: I don't think it's all just that

"Paris Hilton escapes from Hollywood Zoo." Happy

Collapse -
LOL!

In reply to: I can imagine worse:

Or any of long list released back to the streets from rehab. Happy

Collapse -
My thoughts ? Are all those folks really outraged ?

... or is it the words used by journalists that give the impression that all xxxxxxx are outraged? Also, the results you have found may represent the amount of times a few events of outrage have been repeatedly reported.

A sad example of a certain group getting all the news buzz because of race or religion would be the amount of national news and web coverage an adolescent white girl gets when kidnapped, raped, killed... versus a black or latino girl.

Would a muslim group that is upset about something, have had their story reported on the national news beat at all if this was 1980 ? How about 1990 ? How about september 9th, 2001 ? Journalism can be so misleading now a days for a variety of reasons, one of which is just how important a story really is. Is a news story repeated today because it is significant, or is it repeated because the google statistics on a web page shows it is the most clicked on story of the day ? 100 years ago, it was about selling papers. In todays world it is about how many hits your web site gets, and the associated billing you can charge your advertisers.

Collapse -
I remember a news event from a few years back

In reply to: My thoughts ? Are all those folks really outraged ?

that I listened to on one TV channel and then switched to another. I don't remember exact details but it had to do with surprise police raid in a high school looking for guns and drugs. One channel reported that 'Many parents expressed outrage......' and the other that 'Most parents expressed approval...... The one channel had video showing shouting and fist waving while the other had only calm conversation from happy parents to offer for its efforts. How boring. Wink

Collapse -
Any news cameraman at a scene, worth their salt...

In reply to: I remember a news event from a few years back

... will get video footage of the screaming, hysterical, hand waving, kid toting, drunken, outrageously dressed man or woman with something to say, instead of the calm, well spoken neighbor standing quietly to one side.

It just makes for better TV. Wink

Collapse -
It used to be said of journalism-

In reply to: My thoughts ? Are all those folks really outraged ?

the older, written, edited, considered variety- that it is "the first draft of history".

At the same time, 'Hearst's and Pulitzer's war' comes to mind.

Collapse -
I'm not sure that method proves anything.

Collapse -
A couple of OOps in your links but

In reply to: I'm not sure that method proves anything.

try taking out the "ism" and see what happens.

Collapse -
I took the time first

In reply to: A couple of OOps in your links but

so, I'll wait for yours next. Wink

Collapse -
(NT) there you go again loseing your head again

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.