Metal rack mount on PCIe GPU

The one that i bought was too short to fit my PC case. And my GPU is all loose without it. Where can i buy a new one? Its one of those cards you screw to your case.

Discussion is locked

Reply to: Metal rack mount on PCIe GPU
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Metal rack mount on PCIe GPU
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Is the PCIe slot broken?

All mine have a latch at the front (the end away from the video connectors) and between that and the metal mount on the rear all mine are solid.

Is there something not told here? Such as some custom case?

- Collapse -
Tha sounds weird.

What card and what computer?

- Collapse -

This sounds like a card that came with a low profile bracket attached.

If there is no full height bracket in the box ask the maker to supply one.

If that does not work return the card and get a different one.

- Collapse -
Yes Bracket!!

The metal thing that attaches the gpu to the pc case. I got a short one that came with a tiny case PC. Since that computer broke i salvaged the parts. I now have a new computer with a larger case so i had to take the metal bracket off. It sort of dangles loose inside the case. It feels like everytime i try to plug the HDMI in it is about to snap from the motherboard! And i have an Nvidia GT420 1GB DDR3. Attached Picture:

- Collapse -

Unless you get lucky and can find a full height bracket that will fit you have two choices.

Mod the half height bracket and case so you can clamp it in place.

Shop for a new video card.

- Collapse -
From the link that Robert provided,

I see a few that should work.

CNET Forums

Forum Info