General discussion

message tones

Hi, can anyone please help, I have a samsung galaxy s2 phone running android version2.3.3. I can change my ringtone to whatever i want but when it comes to notification tones for text messages it will not let me choose whatever tone I have downloaded to my phone, so can anyone help please?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: message tones
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: message tones
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
There's an app for that.

The stock messaging app I see does not do what you ask. Why not explore what other messaging apps are out there?
Bob

- Collapse -
message tones

You should be able to add your own notification and ring tones by creating a Notifications folder and a Ringtones folder at the root level of your SD Card. You can then place your sound files (such as mp3 files for example) in these directories and they should show up in your selection of sounds for the Notification ringtone and phone ringtones in your sound settings - Also, be sure to keep the sounds a short duration ~20 secs should be fine as an example.

Hope this helps you.

- Collapse -
message tones

Thank you, that worked a treat, I now have what I wanted for my ringtones. Grin

- Collapse -
SMS Ringtones

I use Handcent SMS where I can use different ringtones for everyone of my contacts. It's in the android market. I have an HTC EVO

CNET Forums