Phones forum

General discussion

Message to JOESTER

Since you work for Verizon, tell me why the CDM 8900 is being discontinued? I see the replacement is CDM 9900 and was wondering if there were some issues with the phones and they are not telling the consumers. I had an experience with that and I am curious what your answer would be. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Message to JOESTER
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Message to JOESTER
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Message to JOESTER

In reply to: Message to JOESTER

Please ignore my red M.

Having worked in many development and production of various products, I want to share that such things are often produced in a very short production run, then sent out to the field. A redesign is already underway to address costs, add features before the first "new" phone is in some customer's hands.

Any product you may see is, in reality already out of production...

Bob

Collapse -
Re: Message to JOESTER

In reply to: Message to JOESTER

I dont think theres an issue with the phone. The cdm 8900 was discontinued but still in stock.The two new models are 8910 and 9900.I guess they made new CDM models its probably because they want to make more money out of those brands. The 8910 and 9900 are almost the same. If you heard of ATT's and Cingular's motorola v600, there was a major problem with their frequency causing many customers to complain. The was so many and enough complaints to discontinue the motorola v600. So they had to releaes the new motorola v505 in placed of v600.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!