This could be a nasty problem.
I should start with Repair IE from Config Panel>Add and Remove software. There's a chance it helps.
If not, go to download.microsoft.com, and run the install for the latest IE6.0. The setup might show OE bold (meaning it already has the latest version), but still select it to be reinstalled).
If still no luck, do some experiments and report about them:
1. Send a mail to yourself formatted as plain text.
2. Send a mail to yourself formatted as rich text (html).
For both mails:
- Can you see the text in Sent Items?
- Can you see the text in the Inbox?
- Can you see the text if you manually move the item from Sent Items to the Inbox?
- Is the text in the Message Source (highlight the message/right click/Properties/Detail/Message source)
You might be able to fix it, but be (a little bit) prepared already to switch to another email-client like Thunderbird.
I am running win-xp-he OS. I use MSIE 6.0 browser with Outlook Express as my e-mail client. I receive e-mail headers, but there is no text. I have sent myself e-mail with text, so I know it's supposed to be there.
What is my problem and how do I correct it?