Computer Help forum

Question

Memory or?

by chiphxla / September 21, 2012 5:56 AM PDT

Out of nowhere, after a simple reboot, my XP(SP3) pc has slowed to a crawl. No problems before, running normally. I can no longer open any programs, Internet, etc. so I'm using a laptop from work. Norton opens and the cpu/memory performance graph shows very high memory usage and low cpu. I tried burning the Windows Memory Diagnostic to a cd and dvd but neither boots up, so I'm not sure what I did wrong there. Are there any diagnostics anyone can recommend?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Memory or?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Memory or?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
check to see if
by itsdigger / September 21, 2012 6:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Memory or?

you Norton ant virus is up to date

Collapse -
memory or?
by chiphxla / September 21, 2012 7:42 AM PDT
In reply to: check to see if

yes, Norton is up to date

Collapse -
Answer
Sure but first, why not make, model or story?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 21, 2012 6:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Memory or?

This old PC might be suffering from that old XP DMA BUG (a cure was never issued), malware or heat.

I do not suggest any diagnostics. I use what the client tells me and what I see the machine tell me as I boot it up. I have been known to use Grif's advice at http://forums.cnet.com/7726-6132_102-5098912.html?tag=posts;msg5099421 if I suspect malware.

Another discussion went on and on and it turned out the owner was using torrents. Always a bad sign.

Tell more.
Bob

Collapse -
Now that we see Norton.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 21, 2012 7:45 AM PDT

Look for any other PROTECTION app such as Spybot or Teatimer and the list goes on and on. But such may work and then spontaneously fail. What I find my self looking for is any overlap.
Bob

Collapse -
Memory or ?
by chiphxla / September 21, 2012 7:48 AM PDT

Bob,

I'm running Norton, up to date, so I don't want to run competing anti malware programs. I'm not doing torrent, file sharing or anything related.

Collapse -
Still very little to work with.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 21, 2012 8:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Memory or ?

No make, model so I can't check if the old XP DMA bug applies. And folk that depend only on Norton often find other pests that Norton does not catch. For that reason I supplied not only my question but Grif's advice for scanners.
Bob

Collapse -
memory or? narrowed it down to ethernet
by chiphxla / September 22, 2012 7:08 AM PDT

I have narrowed the problem down to the ethernet connection. When this first happened, I had the ethernet cable connected to my laptop from work, had disconnected from there and reconnected to my home pc (where the problem is). Because the ethernet seemed to take a while to reconnect, I had rebooted the machine. When it came back up, that's when the slowdown started to the point of freezing. Today I noticed if I reboot with the ethernet disconnected, all programs (except those Internet related) work fine. Once I plug ethernet back in, everthing slows to a crawl and then freezes. So the turning point was when I rebooted after reconnecting the ethernet cable. When that is disconnected, a reboot brings me back to normal, except without being able to use the internet which then kills everything.

Hope this sparks someone's mental light bulb.

Collapse -
Read you original post
by itsdigger / September 22, 2012 12:09 PM PDT

why would it spark anyone's mental light bulb?

Collapse -
correction...
by itsdigger / September 22, 2012 12:11 PM PDT
In reply to: Read you original post

your

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?