Cameras forum

General discussion

Memory cards: different speeds???

by Starfish564 / June 30, 2008 12:14 PM PDT

I just purchased a Canon SD750 and really like it so far. My question is about memory cards. I wanted to buy a standard 2GB Sandisk card thinking there's really not that much difference between one 2GB card and the next. Come to find out there are different speeds they can come in? Can someone please explain this? How much would this really affect the upload/download speed? My only problem with speed is in uploading to the internet, but I have dialup so figured that is why it takes so long. Any info would be appreciated:)

Thanks!

Starfish

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Memory cards: different speeds???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Memory cards: different speeds???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Memory Cards
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / July 1, 2008 12:13 AM PDT

High Speed Memory Cards:

A DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera can benefit from high speed cards, because they have bigger high speed buffers.
It helps when you are using a rapid fire mode, without flash.

A small point and shoot digital camera will see no noticeable increase in speed.
Save your money and buy the normal speed cards.

Uploading to the Internet on dial-up is painfully slow, no matter what memory card you use.

Collapse -
thanks
by Starfish564 / July 1, 2008 12:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Memory Cards

Thanks. That answered my question perfectly:)

Starfish

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.