General discussion

MEMORY CARDS

My camera instruction book states: You can use SD memory cards,SDHC (SD High Capacity) memory cards,.....
I have 256 MB and 2GB memory cards. They all say SD. None says SDHC. What is an SDHC memory card?
Thank you

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: MEMORY CARDS
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MEMORY CARDS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It's the "high capacity" part of the name

SDHC (Secure Digital High-Capacity) cards are flash memory cards with a minimum capacity of 4GB (gigabytes).

- Collapse -
Thanks, so far

But now I have come across, in the same instruction book, under CONTINUOUS SHOOTING the following statement:
Recommended memory card: Super high-speed SDC-512MSH memory card

What is a Super high-speed SDC-512MSH memory card?

- Collapse -
SDHC or SD

Can anybody tell whether i can see any difference in below three cards when used in canon sd870 camera

1. transcend 4gb SDHC card (class 6)
2. SanDisk Ultra II 2gb
3. SanDisk Extreme III exterme III 2gb

- Collapse -
just my opinion

The faster processor in the camera "could" benefit from the faster memory of the Extreme series. Depends on the read and write speeds of the camera in comparison to the memory. The speed of the digic 3 processor might be able to benefit from the faster card.

- Collapse -
class 6

but class 6 is faster than extereme. so transcend 4g will be faster than sandisk extreme III 2 gb rite?

- Collapse -
I believe it's slower

The Extreme III is rated at Min 20MB/second sequential read and write, compared to only write speeds of 9 megabytes (MB) per second and read speeds of 10MB/sec in the Transcend.

- Collapse -
This Thread is Locked

This thread is locked.
It is now attracting people who want to use it for advertising purposes.

Locked by the Moderator.

CNET Forums

Forum Info