Question

memory card help?

I bought a 32GB memory card off a top rated ebay seller and when I put it in my panasonic lumix fz28 it says "MEMORY CARD ERROR, FORMAT THIS CARD?" when I click "YES" It says "FORMAT ERROR" and when I click no it says "MEMORY CARD ERROR PLEASE CHECK THE CARD"... Does anyone know how to help? Should I send it back/talk to the seller or is it solvable? Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: memory card help?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: memory card help?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Re: format error

- Does the manual of your camera say anything about a maximum size of the card supported?
- Can you format that card in the card reader in your PC?

If supported by the camera and unable to be formatted in the PC, consider to return it.

Kees

- Collapse -
re

I will have a look at the manual thanks. I read on google how to format a memory card and I did it by right clicking on it when I put it in my computer and clicked format and start and it didn't seem to change anything when I put it in my camera...If that's what you mean? Thank you

- Collapse -
If you can ...

format it in your PC and put files on it in your PC it's not the card that has problems. It's just incompatible with your camera then. They might refuse to accept return then.

Kees

- Collapse -
re

I can put pictures onto the card on my computer that were taken with the camera, but I can't see them on the camera if that's what you mean? Thank you

- Collapse -
re

I have just read online that "The Panasonic FZ28 stores images on SD/SDHC memory cards, for a current maximum capacity of 32GB per card." My card is an SD HC Class 10 32GB card, so should it work? Tanks

- Collapse -
(NT) Yep. Should work.
- Collapse -

Ok, I'll get in touch with the seller then. Thanks

- Collapse -
Answer
Ebay memory card

There has been a rash of bad, high capacity memory cards that are defective on ebay.
Many are counterfeit, some are just fake (meaning they are dead from the git-go).

Contact the so-called top rated ebay seller and request a replacement or your money back.

It takes special skills and equipment to produce 32GB memory cards.
There are only a few factories in the world that have the knowledge and capability to make such a card.
Any low priced 32GB memory card is suspect.

When buying high capacity memory cards, only buy from a trusted source.

- Collapse -

Thanks

CNET Forums