HolidayBuyer's Guide

Cameras forum

General discussion

Megxon C480 resolution'ss awful by same cat. by brands

by jeanl / October 9, 2004 8:16 AM PDT

My old fuji S5000 3.1 meg has better picture than newly bought megxon c480. At first, I thought C480 4 mp should be better, and with their software expand to 8mp, I would have a bragain. Turn out to be very disapointed.

Images took by C480 is huge but the pixel would never as clear as fuji S5000. Especially when you try print out in the 8x11 print jet, it pretty obvious.

Very disapointed. Sad

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Megxon C480 resolution'ss awful by same cat. by brands
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Megxon C480 resolution'ss awful by same cat. by brands
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Megxon C480 resolution'ss awful by same cat. by brands
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / October 9, 2004 2:27 PM PDT

Glad you shared your experience with others.

Hope you can get your money back.

If you can't, you should get better results if you took photos at 4 meg and do not use software to inlarge the picure size. 4 meg should produce a very good 8 x 11 print. Make sure that the printer is set to print at its best density and print on glossy photo paper.

There are a lot of "no name" cameras around. It is near impossible to get professional reviews on those cameras. So you are buying blind.

Out of curiosity, I checked a good mail-order company and found five more little know camera brands:
DXG USA
Mercury
Link Depot
Umax
Vupoint

Collapse -
Megxon C-480
by shelleybear / October 4, 2010 6:45 AM PDT

Four years on.
It's still a great camera.

Collapse -
by nigelfrew / November 14, 2004 8:03 PM PST

I was thinking of buying one... they are increadibly cheap. How much did you get it for , and do the other features work well?
Thanks

Collapse -
by BIG_WILLIE / December 4, 2004 8:36 AM PST

I GUESS ITS TRUE WHAT THEY SAY " IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" I TOO WAS CHECKING IT OUT ONLY FOR THE LOW COST. I WAS LOOKING AT A FUJI WHEN I SAW THE PRICE OF THIS C480. I GUESS ITS BACK TO LOOKING AT THE FUJI'S

Collapse -
I really pleased
by sunspeks / January 21, 2005 11:46 PM PST

i have to say i am really pleased with my c480.
I spent a long time shopping for 4 mp camera's and i am really pleased with the results i get with this camera.
I was really surprised with the high quality and the range of pre-sets is very good.
I would highly recommend this camera for anyone wanting a mid range camera on a budget.

Collapse -
Help!! My new Megxon C480 (2 months I've had it)
by mikeV / January 22, 2005 2:44 AM PST
In reply to: I really pleased

hi,
i'm hoping someone will help me. i bought this camera on ebay and it has a 1-year manufacturer's warranty. the other day, when i turned it on, the zoom did not go out as it normally does when the camera is turned on. instead, i hear a "clicking noise" and get an error: "Zoom Home Error SW3" i don't know what is causing this. nothing happened to my camera. was taking great pics and then this started.

i tried finding the manufacturer's info to get repaired or replaced but can't find any contact information. the box did not include any warranty card or contact information.

Collapse -
Sorry for late answer
by PMd / May 16, 2005 3:34 PM PDT

If you problem is not solved.
Contact me at pmd2000@so-net.net.tw
Thanks
PMd

Collapse -
Mexon C480
by andrewmoquin / July 27, 2006 3:08 AM PDT

I'm in the same boat.
Let me know if you make any progress.
Is the error message affecting the quality of work the camera turns out?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.