TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Mediacom pay per view

by benboy12 / August 16, 2006 12:03 PM PDT

We are getting Mediacom digital cable + HD package. If we use the mediacom On demand pay-per-view, will those movies be HD?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mediacom pay per view
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mediacom pay per view
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HI BEN MABEY THIS WILL HELP?
by stewart norrie / August 17, 2006 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Mediacom pay per view

I just looked up mediacom, Your pay per movies will be in s.d. not very good. You may want to check out the dish network 211 system before you buy, You will have the advantage of receiving all your network channels in hi-def FREE or you can use an outside antenna because it has an over the air digital hi-def tuner, also a VOOM package for $5.00. There is also one pay per view channel in hi-def. Forget h.b.o. showtime etc because you will only have one channel in hi-def I have VOOM, the hi-def package, and an outside antenna and have lots of great hi-def programing to chose from and with an outside antenna I pick up 9 local hi-def stations Just make sure you use a h.d.m.i. cable and if your amp has no h.d.m.i. or d.v.i. switching then use a optical audio cable from your box to amplifier and then use a h.d.m.i. or d.v.i. cable to your t.v. good luck and let us know how everything works out for you stewee

Collapse -
HDMI question
by benboy12 / August 17, 2006 4:47 PM PDT

Thanks and about using the HDMI cables, I am going to. Our plasma has an optical output. Can I run the HDMI to the plasma and then and optical out to the reciever. I figured this would be better than running the optical cable from the box to the amp simply because since HDMI carries both audio and video, it would be sending out the audio signal in two different directions as opposed to using the TV to send it through because it would send it only one way. Make sense?

Collapse -
Hey Stew........
by kena10 / August 17, 2006 11:29 PM PDT

Hooked on phonics worked for me, LOL.....

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?