Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Media reports Lt. Gen. Sanchez admits the war is lost. (II)

by JP Bill / October 17, 2007 12:24 AM PDT

Strange that THIS isn't what was reported

corrosive partisan politics that is destroying our country and killing our service members who are at war.

just like some of our politicians, the truth is of little to no value if it does not fit your own preconceived notions, biases and agendas.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/10/retired-general.html

I borrowed the subject line but didn't hijack the thread.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Media reports Lt. Gen. Sanchez admits the war is lost. (II)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Media reports Lt. Gen. Sanchez admits the war is lost. (II)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You didn't?
by EdH / October 17, 2007 12:44 AM PDT

Sure looks like you did to me.

Collapse -
I have no idea what the point of this new thread is,
by duckman / October 17, 2007 1:23 AM PDT
In reply to: You didn't?

but at least he demonstrated exactly my point from the other thread. But I doubt he gets it now either.

Collapse -
I am so sick and tired of both sides...
by grimgraphix / October 17, 2007 2:37 AM PDT

... because of the one-upsmanship that each side is playing, that I hardly pay attention to the press anymore. When I say this, I'm refering to both sides... All the press does, is repeat official and/or leaked lies designed to create support, not for a national security objective, but designed to promote the interests of a political party and philosophy instead.

Collapse -
All the press does..
by EdH / October 17, 2007 5:55 AM PDT
is repeat official and/or leaked lies designed to create support, not for a national security objective, but designed to promote the interests of a political party and philosophy instead.

They do? I don't think that is true at all.
Collapse -
(NT) Than you for sharing your opinion.
by grimgraphix / October 17, 2007 6:10 AM PDT
In reply to: All the press does..
Collapse -
and this general shares same
by jimandjerry / October 17, 2007 7:04 AM PDT

N SOME CASES I HAVE NEVER EVEN MET YOU, YET YOU FEEL QUALIFIED TO MAKE CHARACTER JUDGMENTS THAT ARE COMMUNICATED TO THE WORLD. MY EXPERIENCE IS NOT UNIQUE AND WE CAN FIND OTHER EXAMPLES SUCH AS THE TREATMENT OF SECRETARY BROWN DURING KATRINA. THIS IS THE WORST DISPLAY OF JOURNALISM IMAGINABLE BY THOSE OF US THAT ARE BOUND BY A STRICT VALUE SYSTEM OF SELFLESS SERVICE, HONOR AND INTEGRITY. ALMOST INVARIABLY, MY PERCEPTION IS THAT THE SENSATIONALISTIC VALUE OF THESE ASSESSMENTS IS WHAT PROVIDED THE EDGE THAT YOU SEEK FOR SELF AGRANDIZEMENT OR TO ADVANCE YOUR INDIVIDUAL QUEST FOR GETTING ON THE FRONT PAGE WITH YOUR STORIES! AS I UNDERSTAND IT, YOUR MEASURE OF WORTH IS HOW MANY FRONT PAGE STORIES YOU HAVE WRITTEN AND UNFORTUNATELY SOME OF YOU WILL COMPROMISE YOUR INTEGRITY AND DISPLAY QUESTIONABLE ETHICS AS YOU SEEK TO KEEP AMERICA INFORMED. THIS IS MUCH LIKE THE INTELLIGENCE ANALYSTS WHOSE EFFECTIVENESS WAS MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF INTELLIGENCE REPORTS HE PRODUCED. FOR SOME, IT SEEMS THAT AS LONG AS YOU GET A FRONT PAGE STORY THERE IS LITTLE OR NO REGARD FOR THE "COLLATERAL DAMAGE" YOU WILL CAUSE. PERSONAL REPUTATIONS HAVE NO VALUE AND YOU REPORT WITH TOTAL IMPUNITY AND ARE RARELY HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR UNETHICAL CONDUCT.

this is what he said in the original thread

Collapse -
The West Virginia press may be doing that.
by Kiddpeat / October 17, 2007 9:04 AM PDT

I have seen no evidence that the rest of the press is supporting national security. Quite the opposite. They seem intent on undermining it. That's what the General was commenting on.

Collapse -
(NT) Thank you for sharing your opinion.
by grimgraphix / October 17, 2007 9:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
Sorry, but that's an observation rather than an opinion.
by Kiddpeat / October 17, 2007 9:25 AM PDT

There is a substantial difference between opinion and observation, but thank you for your opinion.

Collapse -
Actually
by duckman / October 17, 2007 9:28 AM PDT

It's closer to buffoonery.

Collapse -
(NT) Whatever you like to think
by grimgraphix / October 17, 2007 10:05 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) What one thread not enough for you guys?
by Dango517 / October 17, 2007 3:59 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.