Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

me_cute.JPEG virus!

by champry / November 10, 2008 7:03 PM PST

hi, i'm a student at a collegge. it seems to me that my entire collegge and the other students' laptops are infected with a virus called me_cute.JPEG. it is in a format of jpeg so most of the antivirus cannot detect it! i scanned it using kaspersky 2007 and it works, but only a mater of time when my antivirus decided that it is not a virus! OMG! i tried using many software and even malwarebytes but failed...i even tried to delete all the registry key about me_cute and in the prefetch folder but still my laptop will always goes blank every time i reboot my laptop. i can only see the desktop when i use task manager. the symptoms are almost the same with kittykat.it started when a pendrive was double clicked and it activate the me_cute....when the pc or laptop was infected, the other innocent pendrive that plug into it will also get infected and only be cleaned after being formated using other pc tat are not infected... at this moment, the best way to not getting infected is using explorer and show all the hidden folders so we can delete the me_cute and the autorun.inf manually...so, can you help me? im using c700 compaq presario...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: me_cute.JPEG virus!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: me_cute.JPEG virus!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You could try.......
by Marianna Schmudlach / November 11, 2008 2:32 AM PST
In reply to: me_cute.JPEG virus!

1 - Flash Drive Disinfector
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from Here and save it to your desktop.

o Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.

o The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.

o Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.

o Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Collapse -
TQ
by champry / November 11, 2008 6:17 AM PST
In reply to: You could try.......

if that the case, i have been using it quite a long time... but i didn't know and never tested it on me_cute... thank you very much... if it still didn't work, i'll post another thread ok....

Collapse -
(NT) o.k. :)
by Marianna Schmudlach / November 11, 2008 6:18 AM PST
In reply to: TQ
Collapse -
Didn't work.... :-(
by champry / November 11, 2008 8:05 PM PST
In reply to: o.k. :)

I've tried it and it didn't work at all... it just delete all the other flash virus but still no effects for me_cute.jpeg...

please help me !!!! almost all of my friends at the college got that virus and no one knew what to do... Sad

Collapse -
All I can find:
by Kees Bakker / November 11, 2008 8:11 PM PST
In reply to: Didn't work.... :-(
Collapse -
TQ... :-)
by champry / November 11, 2008 8:30 PM PST
In reply to: All I can find:

thank you so much bro... for ur info, i'm a malaysian.so, i fully understand it. it make sense now, it was made by someone in malaysia that was depressed because he/she cannot get a job.. so, he/she created a new virus... no wonder even the best antivirus in the world cannot detect it!!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?