If you shortchange me on the error messages, then I get to do that same on my response. And here's the short answer:
What you did share in the way of error messages are discussed and found with http://www.google.com
Anyone know what these mean?
1. "A required .DLL file, SHfolder.DLL, was not found." (this one started immediately after running a program called IEradicator, something I used to try to uninstall IE)
2. "blah, blah,...incompatible with this version of Windows". When I click the 'info' button, it says that an older version of IE is trying to be installed. This one cropped up about a month ago.
3. "Not recognized error 0h" (this one has been with me forever.)
4. "Posteamistad---Division by zero" (this one crops up from time to time when running, as well. *** is "posteamistad" supposed to mean??
5. Not really an error message, but during startup, a button briefly appears on the task bar that says "Redirect". It disappears faster than you can right click and close it.
After yesterday's debacle with IEradicator, now it takes sometimes up to two minutes after clicking on the Firefox icon before the program shows on the screen. I'm thinking about just sledge-hammering the whole thing. Maybe a shotgunning would be more fun.
Or, will just punting ME and installing XP or some other operating system be a way to get this POS back to normal?