General discussion

ME Boot up error messages

Anyone know what these mean?

1. "A required .DLL file, SHfolder.DLL, was not found." (this one started immediately after running a program called IEradicator, something I used to try to uninstall IE)

2. "blah, blah,...incompatible with this version of Windows". When I click the 'info' button, it says that an older version of IE is trying to be installed. This one cropped up about a month ago.

3. "Not recognized error 0h" (this one has been with me forever.)

4. "Posteamistad---Division by zero" (this one crops up from time to time when running, as well. *** is "posteamistad" supposed to mean??

5. Not really an error message, but during startup, a button briefly appears on the task bar that says "Redirect". It disappears faster than you can right click and close it.

After yesterday's debacle with IEradicator, now it takes sometimes up to two minutes after clicking on the Firefox icon before the program shows on the screen. I'm thinking about just sledge-hammering the whole thing. Maybe a shotgunning would be more fun.

Or, will just punting ME and installing XP or some other operating system be a way to get this POS back to normal?

Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: ME Boot up error messages
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ME Boot up error messages
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Blah, blah.

If you shortchange me on the error messages, then I get to do that same on my response. And here's the short answer:

What you did share in the way of error messages are discussed and found with http://www.google.com

Bob

- Collapse -
Hey thanks

That was REALLY helpful.

CNET Forums

Forum Info