General discussion

MBR error

When I try to load my laptop up, the screen stays like it does in a command prompt, and it says "MBR Error" and then "No operating System found" when I've already installed Windows on it. Please help!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: MBR error
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MBR error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Tried Running FixMBR From The Recovery Console?

Boogle it..

That's assuming you have Windows XP ...which you haven't told us.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Yes, I have XP

I've tried googling it, and nothing. anyone else have some experience with this?

- Collapse -
Reinstall XP :)
- Collapse -
This Is An English Language Forum

Unless specifically asked by the poster, please provide assistance and links which are in English..

In addition, your other post below was removed.. It is against forum policies to solicit others to competing forums or websites, especially those produced by the poster..

Thank your for considering the forum rules.

Grif

- Collapse -
How To Run FixMBR

Apparently, you didn't try Google at all.. For example, here's the second link I found after typing "FixMBR" into Google. The instructions will tell you how to run FixMBR from the Recovery Console:

http://askbobrankin.com/fix_mbr.html

Please try those instructions.

Hope this helps.

Grif

CNET Forums

Forum Info