Windows Vista forum

General discussion

maybe if I start a new question

by sham1313 / December 13, 2008 11:03 PM PST

maybe it is how I say certain things I am not sure. some times I don't get a reply. if that is so I am sorry. now that I don't have a virus trouble let me ask you my other question's again. some times at the bottom of my left hand side of my opera browser it well say these words Synchroization disabled some times it won't say disabled, and some times not any thing can some one tell me what that means? also can some one tell me what PDF file is?
in my last post when I tried to summit it a couple of times it would not let my post be submitted does any one know why this could be?
one more think there are some things about this opera browser I don't under stand yet. like can some one tell me what a widgets is?
thanks sham1313

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: maybe if I start a new question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: maybe if I start a new question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
One answer only. Others will post more.
by Kees Bakker / December 13, 2008 11:17 PM PST

A pdf-file is a file in a format created by Adobe. It's primarily used to publish information on the Internet. The main advantages are:
- it looks the same everywhere
- it's difficult to change
For example:
On http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/Guidance/ you click on "Summer food: simplified rules" and then you don't go to another webpage, but must download a pdf-file.

Windows can't read pdf-files on it's own. You need a separate program to do that. Most people use Adobe Reader, but Foxit reader is much smaller and starts much faster, so some people prefer that.

Kees

Collapse -
Thank you!!
by sham1313 / December 14, 2008 1:04 AM PST

Thank you for explaining about why I some times don't get a answer I was starting to think I either said some thing I should not have or just could not be understood and they gave up on trying to help me. maybe you well answer the other question I had like what does the word Synchroization mean at the bottom left hand side of the browser and some times it well have disabled after it? one more answer please at the left side of my browser it has a few things that can be click on like history and such there is one that says wedgets what does that mean? thanks for your time and explaining to me so I can catch up what there is to know about the computer.
thanks sham1313

Collapse -
Sorry, I don't have Opera.
by Kees Bakker / December 14, 2008 5:25 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you!!
Collapse -
thanks again
by sham1313 / December 14, 2008 8:56 AM PST

yes I think I need to check more in this forum up to see if you have others that can help me and this computer out. thanks sham1313

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!