Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Maybe I've been going at it wrong.

by drpruner / April 11, 2005 10:50 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Maybe I've been going at it wrong.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Maybe I've been going at it wrong.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
And it needs some PC work as well
by Steven Haninger / April 11, 2005 11:17 AM PDT

I've always felt that Goliath was just a victim of an HGH malfunction and was probably treated cruelly as a child which resulted in his aggressive tendencies. That was some shabby treatment he got from the young kid with the low tech slingshot whose role model was probably Bart Simpson.:)

Collapse -
Or... what if Bart's role model was David-
by drpruner / April 11, 2005 2:34 PM PDT

and we've been dumping on Bart all these years! We gonna burn!
Regards, Doug in New Mexico

Collapse -
A funny thing.
by Dan McC / April 12, 2005 1:09 AM PDT

They did an episode of the Simpsons where Bart was David was portrayed as Bart. It was most amusing. Many people here would hate it. Goliath beat Bart and became king. Bart returned years later and slew Goliath. Under his benevolent rule, the kingdom had become a center of culture and education as a result of Goliath's enlightened public works and wise social policies.

You never know.

Dan

Collapse -
Groening knows the secret: good writers.
by drpruner / April 12, 2005 2:59 AM PDT
In reply to: A funny thing.

Their bible and Shakespeare are always very good, because they start from reality. Once a 9th grade English student asked me if it was true that actors always call Macbeth by another name, to avoid a hex of some kind. I said he was right, and asked him where he learned it. "Simpsons."

Their church stuff is pretty good, too. Poor Lisa, always the lone seeker-after-truth. Happy
Regards, Doug in New Mexico

Collapse -
P.S.
by drpruner / April 12, 2005 3:05 AM PDT
In reply to: A funny thing.

The Philistines had as much culture as anyone around them, and of course they lived in houses when the Israelites were in tents. Happy The "philistine" epithet comes only from their position as the bad guys of Exodus/Joshua IMO. Bible has better reasons to dislike them, anyway.

An episode of Stargate SG1 had the team opposing a crude emissary to a conference in trying to uphold the Good Guy side. He was dressed exactly like the Canaanite warriors in our publications. Probably the producers got the costuming from the same sources we do.
DP

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.