Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

Marketing: Google AdWords a good way to go?

by dorightok / January 23, 2008 6:46 AM PST

Hi!

I have an affiliate website and I wanted to generate
some traffic. Is Google AdWords a good cost-effective
way to generate targeted traffic? Any suggestions?

Thank you for responding,

Philip

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Marketing: Google AdWords a good way to go?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Marketing: Google AdWords a good way to go?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re
by ffluffli / March 5, 2008 6:49 PM PST

Hello

I have a small business and I wanted some traffic on my website too. For that I tried Google adSense for advertising my website, but I was not very happy with the results I got.

Then I googled 'opt-in email advertising'. I also tried email advertising on different networks and it seemed to me that taketheinternetback.com ads results were a little bit better in terms of generated visits and conversion.

So in that way I increase my traffic and my sales too. I'm quite pleased whit those results.

If anybody can come with another suggestion that can generate better results ... just do it.

Thanks.

Collapse -
Re: email advertising
by Kees Bakker / March 5, 2008 10:56 PM PST
In reply to: Re
Collapse -
It can be
by savantcreative / March 25, 2008 7:25 AM PDT

Adwords works very well if you carefully research your keywords. You can look at keywordtracker.com to see how that works. Try to stay as narrow term wise as possible. Don't be greedy and go to broad or it will be too expensive. Also think about geo-targeting your campaign so that it only displays in areas you need it to.

Best of luck

Collapse -
Google Adwords
by hathawayberkshire / March 31, 2008 5:07 AM PDT

Google adwords are a great way to go to generate traffic, as well as joint venture relationships, affiliates and CPC, CPM.

Chase

Collapse -
Marketing: Google AdWords a good way to go?
by Vellum12 / April 4, 2008 3:55 AM PDT

I think AdWords work fine as long as you choose the right triggers. I was talking about this with a partner of mine and he mentioned that he had come across a website www.dojohut.com that does a pretty good job also.

Collapse -
WOW
by savantcreative / April 4, 2008 4:45 AM PDT

I have never seen ads like this. Have you seen this inaction?

Collapse -
WOW
by Vellum12 / April 4, 2008 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: WOW

I myself haven't used the service, at least not yet. As I said, my partner told me about and he says it (www.dojuhut.com), has worked for him very well. Does it look like something you could use?

Collapse -
I don't Know
by savantcreative / April 4, 2008 5:38 AM PDT

It looks a little scary to me. I'd have to see some samples of it in use.
Best

Collapse -
WOW
by Kees Bakker / April 6, 2008 6:03 AM PDT

Just a note.

In a separate post that I deleted (because it started to look like spam) vellum12 seems to have doubts about the website he recommends twice in this thread. He asks if anybody has experiences with them.

If anybody has, we'd like to know.

Kees

Collapse -
WOW
by Vellum12 / April 6, 2008 7:28 AM PDT

Kees;

My apologies if my posts looked like spam. I was merely mentioning the name of the website and someone followed up by asking if I'd used it myself. I have looked at the site several times and demo'ed it..but one of the responses prompted me to ask if anyone has used the services. I'm in no way linked to the site.

Collapse -
Re: Wow
by Kees Bakker / April 6, 2008 7:42 AM PDT

No problem. I repeated your request here, so anybody can answer it. But 4 posts with the same website in a few days, that's suspect.

It always helps to do a google search yourself. It doesn't turn up much positive, so there's some reason to have doubts. Nothing explicit negative either, although they seem to spam to get customers. But then, who doesn't.
I would ask them for references before you pay them $3000 for each keyword.

Anyway, the only certain thing is that the domain name is registered in October 2007.

Kees

Collapse -
Dojo Hut
by Vellum12 / April 8, 2008 11:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Wow

It seems like hardly anybody here knows of this service. I have been trying to work out some numbers with them before taking the plunge and just to give some closure to my request for info here, I've decided to give them a shot as I really like what I see.

Collapse -
SPAM Filter
by entrecon / April 11, 2008 4:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Dojo Hut

interesting that all over the web the only place I can find much of anything about DoJo is where they had Google ads on parked pages. A couple of forums mentioned it, but not much else. If they are so good at getting top placement, I would think they would have better placement for themselves.

The other thing that is REAL interesting is that our eSafe filter at works blocks the domain as being the SPAM URL category.

If you ahve $3000 to throw away, toss it my way.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.