General discussion

MARGI DVD TO GO NO AUDIO

Running win98 on Armada 7400 laptop. 366mhz 256 ram
this unit once had winME installed and the Margi card worked just fine. I recently wiped HD clean and reinstalled Armada original drivers via the recovery disc. Now after reinstalling the Margi i get a very faint audio with all volume controls in max positions.
I have older PowerDVD program that plays the video very
sluggish but has somewhat better audio [although still
on the lower side] The Margi smoothes out the video and
when working properly delivers great sound and with the video out feature i can send picture to TVs.
Any ideas where to look?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: MARGI DVD TO GO NO AUDIO
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MARGI DVD TO GO NO AUDIO
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Margi card is original equip?

I doubt it with Armada. Get the model number or something off the card and do a Google search for the OEM website that may have drivers. Hard to believe W98 had drivers (probably generic). ME has a updated driver database but only works on ME (probably).
Option=re-install ME or
www.driverguide.com register free. Choose "video adapter"?, choose "any company", go to the far right and see that drivers less than 2yrs old are listed, use dropdown for "all drivers" and hit "search database" bar for re-search.

- Collapse -
More info on Margi Card

The Margi drivers came from floppy discs that shipped
with the card. I have no floppy in the laptop so i burned the floppy contents to a cd.
I also got some drivers from driver guide. They did not work any better.
The laptop came to me second owner with the ME installed and no Margi. I installed the card myself in
win Me system. It worked great.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) www.margi.com...site map(at bottom)....support...

CNET Forums

Forum Info