Computer Help forum

General discussion

Many problems when online, please help....

by Dave Teddyboy-No1 / May 21, 2013 7:41 AM PDT

I have been using win 8 since february, and i hate it, all it does is crash or hang, im thinking about going back to win 7, at least it was more stable, even when im looking for answers to why its doing it, i cant find any,if anyone can help with my problems here is what is wrong, i cant even play games without them crashing or locking up GRRRR

Refresh not working in internet explorer windows 8

As I have posted the title this is one of the problems I have, if I leave the computer for any length of time I come back to find the page not responding so I hit the refresh button and nothing happens, it looks like its going to work in the window, but that's it, I have to shut down the window and open up another one.

Im also getting this problem a lot as well.

Internet Explorer 10 has stopped working (IE10)
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

A problem with this webpage caused internet Explorer to close and reopen

Its only when im online, im using a brand new computer and have only installed programs that I use, so at the moment im at a loss as to what is going on, would appreciate any help someone can give me to sort these problems out......................

I have tried disabling add on`s but it makes no difference

Toshiba laptop SATELLITE (WIN Cool

AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon (tm)HD Graphics 1.90 GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 8.00 GB (7.46 GB usable

64-bit operating system, x64 based processer

Please someone help....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Many problems when online, please help....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Many problems when online, please help....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The usual way ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 21, 2013 7:55 AM PDT

to work around problems with Internet Explorer (some people have them, most don't have them) is to use another browser. Since Chrome and Firefox are free, it's not only an easy, but a cheap solution also.

You only really need IE to visit Windows Update. Practically all other sites work quite satisfactory in at least one of the two others I mentioned.

Collapse -
Many problems when online, please help
by Dave Teddyboy-No1 / May 21, 2013 11:23 AM PDT
In reply to: The usual way ...

How reliable is Firefox and Google Chrome, and how will if affect the way I receive my email?, or is Windows live mail different to internet explorer, since using a windows based system I have always used internet explorer and find it daunting to change over, but if I have to I want to use a browser that is user friendly....

Collapse -
You pose a question ...
by Edward ODaniel / May 21, 2013 12:06 PM PDT

we can't answer because what is "user friendly" for some is not "user friendly" for others.

Since they are all FREE and easily uninstalled and do not conflict with each other why not just go ahead and give them a try? Firefox is quite popular. Chrome is fast and quite a few people like it (I don't happen to like it but my grand daughter prefers it). Opera is another that is well liked and well supported and renders pages quickly.

After downloading and installing them and giving them a try you then either like them or you don't - if you don't nothing is stopping you from UNINSTALLING THEM.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?