Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Man assessed fine for taping wife in bath

by Evie / April 28, 2005 9:56 AM PDT
Man secretly filmed wife in the bath

A man who secretly set up a home video camera to film his wife in the bath avoided a jail sentence yesterday....

... The man told police he had purchased and installed a closed circuit television camera in the bathroom. Mrs Fish said: "His reason for doing this was for watching his wife in the bath and he had planned to watch them together in the bath for their sexual gratification."

The man, who pleaded guilty to three counts of voyeurism, was sentenced to a nine-month community rehabilitation order....

... the wife had thrown her husband out of the home they shared in a village in South Gloucestershire and was now filing for divorce....

While it's a little creepy, this WAS his wife that he was getting excited by watching. I'm not so sure that is necessarily the worst thing ... it's not like he was taping the neighbor across the way. This seems a "fixable" offense for a married couple IMO. Thoughts?

Evie Happy
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Man assessed fine for taping wife in bath
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Man assessed fine for taping wife in bath
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wonder if it would be OK if she knew?
by Diana Forum moderator / April 28, 2005 10:05 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That was pretty much what I wondered/thought.
by Evie / April 28, 2005 10:08 AM PDT
Collapse -
Shouldn't you ladies be somewhat on her side,
by drpruner / April 28, 2005 3:19 PM PDT

at least at the kneejerk stage? We all have different views on our personal privacy, and it was hers that was being invaded. Since she's filing AFAIK, it seems she was serious about hers.
I thought the report of his behavior- behaviour?- was interesting: Evidently-contrite taped confession (used against him, of course), and he left it behind for her.
Not knowing any more about them than the story, perhaps he's a keeper. (Isa 66:2b)
Regards, Doug in New Mexico

Collapse -
Agree on the kneejerk stage ...
by Evie / April 28, 2005 9:49 PM PDT

... it not being me, I can foresee that I might come around to the thinking I've expressed in other posts.

Not sure I would have involved the cops either unless I had any reason to believe (after my "amateur" interrogation Wink ]:)) he was doing this with other women.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Or planned to sell that tape!
by Cindi Haynes / April 29, 2005 3:10 AM PDT

I'd hate to show up on the internet somewhere. It did wonders for Paris, and for Pam and Tommy Lee, but I'm no longer that young or flexible.

Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
(NT) A guy cant have any fun anymore. :)
by Dragon / April 28, 2005 10:16 AM PDT
Collapse -
Have you seen the ads for those mini cameras?
by Steven Haninger / April 28, 2005 10:34 AM PDT

I haven't seen any innuendo that they'd be useful in monitoring the behavior of your goldfish while you're not withing their sight.]:)

Collapse -
As a matter of fact,
by drpruner / April 28, 2005 3:14 PM PDT

if you went to the Telegraph version you should have seen the webads down the right side of the story- for guess what products?

Collapse -
I think the fact....
by Walt H / April 28, 2005 10:42 AM PDT

that she didn't know the camera had been installed makes all the difference. We're lacking consent here.

Remember, as much as people would like to believe, marriage isn't always "till death do us part". IMO it would be unwise to have any nudity of a partner or both partners "lurking" in the wings should something happen to the marriage.

Seriously....how would you like your spouse to have nude pics or vidoe of you without your knowledge, then down the road you get divorced and he/she put's those offerings out on the Internet or send them out to YOUR friends and family as revenge?

Collapse -
I wouldn't like to find out about it ...
by Evie / April 28, 2005 11:22 AM PDT
In reply to: I think the fact....

... without my consent -- and you do have a point about the pictures existing in the first in the event of a breakup. But, something like this would seem easy enough to trace.

BUT, I also think once I thought about it I would feel flattered, not head out the door to a divorce attorney. There are worse crimes a spouse can do than still getting aroused by their mate!

Not saying I would just brush it off, but given the details provided, should have been "fixable".

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Are you saying...
by Walt H / April 28, 2005 12:50 PM PDT

you could forgive your spouse for doing that to you?

And remember you had no idea you were being taped "au natural".

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yes ... why is that so hard to believe?
by Evie / April 28, 2005 9:50 PM PDT
In reply to: Are you saying...
Collapse -
Issue of trust
by Walt H / April 28, 2005 10:06 PM PDT

I think it falls under the issue of trust. If one can't "trust" a spouse to tell them what they are doing especially when it comes to "secretly" taping them nude, then how much else can you trust with that spouse?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Understandable trust issue, but not insurmountable.
by Evie / April 28, 2005 10:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Issue of trust
Collapse -
Walt, some sickos post such pics of their wives
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / April 28, 2005 2:26 PM PDT

on the Internet while they are married, w/o their wives' knowledge or permission Sad

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Wouldn't like it one little bit.
by drpruner / April 28, 2005 3:25 PM PDT

And various stories about just that over the years indicate it's worse when you're the actual ox being gored. Happy
Still, his avowed intent was intra-marriage. When I saw the headline, my first thought was Internet!, but I was wrong.

Collapse -
I agree. However, I guess the wife could think there's a
by Kiddpeat / April 28, 2005 2:21 PM PDT

trust issue involved, but a felony? The Brits are supposed to be a bit more buttoned down though.

Collapse -
Oh it would have caused a rift ...
by Evie / April 28, 2005 9:55 PM PDT

... on the trust issue thing. I don't mean to leave the impression that I would laugh it off as nothing -- it would be disCUSSED! But doubtful I would even think to call the cops let alone actually do it!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) Subject was deceiving, expected duct tape*
by Rick S / April 28, 2005 10:18 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) LOL!
by Evie / April 28, 2005 10:21 PM PDT
Collapse -
Suspect that there were
by duckman / April 28, 2005 10:30 PM PDT

many other issues in this marriage

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?