How To forum

Question

make my screen bigger

by irishbren / July 28, 2011 11:36 AM PDT

How do I get my screen back to normal on my laptop.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: make my screen bigger
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: make my screen bigger
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
For most of us on Windows, System Restore to
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 11:41 AM PDT
In reply to: make my screen bigger

System Restore to when it worked.

If you used Norton, ask Symantec why they blocked System Restore.
Bob

Collapse -
Display Screen Enlarged-Now Text Too Small!!
by irishbren / July 28, 2011 5:13 PM PDT

Thank You-I finally have my screen back but now my text within is small within my hotmail page itself.Could you please tell me how I can enlarge this?
Thank You.

Collapse -
Answer
How Do I Make My Text Bigger.
by irishbren / July 28, 2011 5:09 PM PDT
In reply to: make my screen bigger

My text is very small within my hotmail-the lettering is too small.Could you please tell me how to make my text bigger on my laptop so it isn't so hard to read as it's too small.My Display is great as I figured this out but the text within is still too small.Thank You.

Collapse -
Re: making text bigger
by Kees_B Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 5:15 PM PDT

The usual way to make text in a browser window bigger (assuming you use a browser to access your hotmail account) is using <ctrl><mousewheel> . In Internet Explorer you can use the View menu from the menu bar also.

Kees

Collapse -
Thank You.
by irishbren / July 29, 2011 1:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: making text bigger

I appreciate your response-I'm using a laptop right now as my other computer isn't set up yet-I just moved.I have used the view in the toolbar but then next time I log in I have to keep using it.I would like it so it stays without re-doing the text size every time I log in.Any idea please?

Collapse -
Re: changing default zoom in internet explorer
by Kees_B Forum moderator / July 30, 2011 12:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank You.
Collapse -
THANK YOU!!
by irishbren / July 30, 2011 8:39 AM PDT

I really appreciate your input & helping me-you have given me a wonderful site that I can use in the future.You have totally answered my question for me & it worked!! Things are back to normal again for me.

Collapse -
It might help to tell.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 5:22 PM PDT

- What you meant with a "bigger screen"
- What you mean with "Display"
- What you figured out.
- What you did after figuring it out.

And some basics like:
- screen resolution (in pixels)
- screen size (13" or 17")
- desktop settings

Kees

Collapse -
Thank You-I'll Explain.
by irishbren / July 29, 2011 1:39 PM PDT
In reply to: It might help to tell.

At first when I was in my email,on a page,I accidentally hit a button(don't know which one!!).My screen went smaller as if there were a black picture frame around it.I finally have that back to normal now.
When I said "display" I should have said my monitor screen when I just log on.Everything on the monitor screen was small.Ex: recycle bin,firefox,etc that I click on to log onto the net were very small.I went into the control panel-changed the resolution and now this is bigger (back to normal).But when I get into my email and other sites,the text is small.I have been using the "view" in the top tool bar but I have to use it for every page I bring up or site I go into.The way it was before the problem-all the pages were fine as the text was bigger & the same size no matter what site I went into.It's frustrating as I want things back to normal or the way they use to be.I have no idea what to do,to get my text back the way it use to be.I'm not the best using computer lingo as I'm a work in progress still.My son jokingly says I'm "old school" LOL.

Thank You for also helping me-appreciate you time your taking to teach me the tools I need to be more computer savvy.
Irish.

or back

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.