Samsung forum

General discussion

Major Issues with my TV and customer service

this is a e mail and leter i sent out due to lies that were told to me from samsung employees.

To whom it may concern, My name is ----and I started to have issues with my Samsung Plasma TV (Model Code: PN58B540S3FXZA, Serial #: AUYW3CKZ200351T, Version: KS06) which I bought on approximately April or May of 2010. On approximately 10/15/11 the screen started to make a static noise for unknown reasons. I called Samsung on approximately 10/17/11 and spoke with a representative who advised me that my TV was out of warranty. I asked if there was anyone else I could speak with to address this issue, she then transferred me to the executive customer service department where I spoke with a representative named Sedrick. I attempted to explain the issue with my TV and why I did not want to pay the service bill on a possible lemon. Sedrick interrupted me and asked "what do you want me to do for you?" I said excuse me and he then repeated himself. I then said I wanted Samsung to do what they need to do to get my TV working properly without charging me for anything. Sedrick put me on hold for an extended period of time. When Sedrick came back on the phone he advised me that he extended my warranty for 90 days and will send out a technician to look at the TV. I asked Sedrick "so that's that?" Sedrick said yes and advised that the technician company will call me in 1-2 days to set up an appointment. Also I received ticket #: 411 261 6782 and transaction # 510 231 6782. I thanked Sedrick and waited for the outside technician company (Tekniton) to call me. A day or two later Tekniton called me and we set up an appointment date for approximately 10/24/11 between 9am-1pm. On 10/24/11 at approximately 11am-12pm the service technician from Tekniton (Cosmin Curiman) arrived at my house and replaced the screen on my TV. Immediately after he replaced the screen and put the TV back together, The TV started to turn itself off and go through the menus. Cosmin also noticed this and after attempting to trouble shoot the issue decided to order a P-touch device thinking the original one went bad. Since the TV was now turning itself off and going through menus, Cosmin suggested that he could disconnect the P-touch so this would not happen, but I would need to plug in power cord and disconnect power cord to be able to turn the TV on and off until he received the parts. I agreed with Cosmin and he disconnected the P-touch. On 10/28/11 Cosmin returned with a brand new P-touch and installed it. The TV was ok for one day and started to turn itself off and go through the menus again. I called Tekniton back and advised of the issue. I was greeted by their representative who was rude and uncaring of my scheduling issues due to my work and their availability. I spoke with her manager (John) who was also very rude and verbally abusive towards me, after he finished yelling at me he hung up the phone. I called Tekniton back and spoke with a different manager named John and he set me up with a new appoint date and apologized for the other person I had spoken with. On 11/7/11 Cosmin returned to my house and replaced the front canopy cover of the TV. The problem continued to happen while he was there and after the new canopy cover was on the TV. Cosmin called his company and requested for his co-worker to bring a new main board and a P-touch cable. After an extended period of time John form Tekniton arrived at my house with the parts. They replaced the main board and cable for P-touch but the TV was still having the same issues as described before. Cosmin then contacted a tech department (possibly his company or Samsung) and advised of the issue. Cosmin suggested that maybe the canopy cover was defective as everything else on TV has been replaced. Cosmin ordered a new canopy cover and removed the new main board (Cosmin stated that since the old main board had all of my settings on it, it would be easier for me to turn off and on the TV via plugging and unplugging then with the new main board.) They put the TV back together and told me Tekniton will call to schedule a new appointment when the part comes in. Later that day a female Samsung representative called me and advised that Samsung would like to replace the TV since it has not been fixed yet. I asked what would I need to do to have the TV replaced and she stated that she would need to know where I bought the TV from. I told her I bought the TV from Costco in South San Francisco, CA. She then told me that the whole process takes about 2 weeks and someone from Costco will be in contact with me in approximately 5-7 days. I asked her I could have an upgrade on the TV due to the inconvenience. She advised me that she could not do that but I could speak with the person from Costco about it when they call me. I said thank and we hung up. On 11/14/11 I was contacted by Trisha (Samsung exchange department representative.) who advised me that I was approved for an exchange but will have to pay $250 for the new TV. I explained to her that I was not told I would have to pay for the exchange and it is not fair to tell me you guys will exchange my TV then turn around and charge me for the exchange. She than told me that I was being charged for the out of warranty fee. I told her that my warranty was extended. She told me that the extended warrant only covers repair work. I told he nobody explained that to me. She then told me that she could not waive the fee and even if she could her department does not handle those request. She advised me to contact the customer service department and speak with them as they could help in this area. I told her thanks and she gave me her direct line to call when I get the issues sorted. (201) --- ----. I then called 1-800- SAM-SUNG and spoke with a male representative and explained the issue, he told me there was nothing he could do about it and I would need to speak with the exchange department to see if they could do something for me. I told him I was told to speak with his department. He became a little loud and slightly rude. I asked to speak with his manager and he told me his manager could not help me so he did not know why I wanted to speak with him. I had to ask several times to be transferred to his manager before he put me on hold for an extended period of time and his supervisor came on the line. I spoke with his supervisor Peter (Operator # 80832) and explained the issue. Peter told me that he could not do anything for me sine the rules are in black and white. I explained to him that no one explained anything to me and I feel I should not have to pay for an issue that was not my fault. Peter became very loud and verbally abusive with me. I told him he did not need to yell at me as I am the consumer and I am the one buying the products. He then told me he was not yelling and said if I did not want to pay the $250 I could wait until a new TV comes out and maybe they could lower the price of the fee. I told him I would like to speak with someone else as he is rude. He told me I would have to contact corporate office if I feel he is not helping me. I told him why I was told my TV would be exchanged with no problem and now there is a huge problem, he said I am only going by the rules that are in black and white. I got the contact information from him and off of the internet and here is my letter. I am very disappointed with the level of customer service I have received and believe if you tell someone something you stick to it and not Welch on what has been said. I hope there is something you can do for me as this may be the last Samsung product I EVER BUY.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Major Issues with my TV and customer service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Major Issues with my TV and customer service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Major Issues with my TV and customer service

In reply to: Major Issues with my TV and customer service

abayer415,

Collapse -
Please Help!

In reply to: Major Issues with my TV and customer service

Hello, I just read your email, and found it to be very similar to my current situation with our Samsug of the same model! Strangely, I to bought mine at a Costco, but in Pittsburgh. I have been dealing with Samsung intermittently, when I have the time to actually sit down and waste a hour, which is almost never! I too have been told something different all 3 times that I have called, and again when 48 bussiness hours later the manager, who was extremely unhelpful, called me back. Anyway, I was wondering what was your outcome, and if the situation was ever fully resolved? Also, in the past 5 days I have been informed of two other situations with Samsungs that have done the same as ours. I was also made aware of a class action lawsuit that was filed against Samsung for thisproblem a few yeas go, but for a different model. I have a feeling that since you and I both bought our product from Costco around the same time, that it is possible that we purchased TV's from the same plant ect. Please reply!! Thank you!!

Collapse -
Re: Please Help!

In reply to: Please Help!

Hi kbajoras,

I apologize for your experience thus far. Unlike the post above from last year, I can now do some service related things. If you could post your transaction number, I'd like to see if we can investigate this issue for you.

HD Tech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.