General discussion

Magic Mouse Cannot Connect - Mac OS X v10.6.3

I updated my OS X to v10.6.3 recently. After rebooting, my Magic Mouse seems to be having problems connecting to my Macbook Pro. The System finds the mouse, but when I click on Continue to connect, it fails. Anybody experiencing the same problem?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Magic Mouse Cannot Connect - Mac OS X v10.6.3
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Magic Mouse Cannot Connect - Mac OS X v10.6.3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Magic Mouse disconnects

I too have disconnection problems with Magic Mouse after updating to OS 10.6.3. After doing so I recall seeing "Low Battery" pop up signals on my iMac's screen. After I replaced the batteries my mouse would disconnect sporadically. I have to keep my "wired" mouse connected to go to the Blue Tooth icon to connect the Magic Mouse. Might it be the batteries?

- Collapse -
Reinitialize Your Magic Mouse
- Collapse -
Try this. So far it is working

Go to the Bluetooth icon and scroll down to Open Bluetooth References. Using a wired mouse or your track pad, hi-lite your Magic Mouse installation and then use the minus (-) button to uninstall your installation of Magic Mouse. Then reinstall it!

Apparently updating from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3 altered something in the Magic Mouse's installation.

CNET Forums

Forum Info