Video Games & Consoles forum

General discussion

Madden 360

EA sports showed a television preview of madden 360 on NFL draft day, and also on their website, but he screenshots and videos they're showing now are nothing like what they promised via that draft day commercial.

I've read several previews in game magazines and website (IGN, Gamespot), and also read the chats these magazines and websites have had with the Madden developers, yet I am yet to see the journalists ask why we are now being given a product that is so far below expectations.

Can we have some journalistic integrity, I mean it's not like EA sports is the white house?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Madden 360
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Madden 360
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just noting.

In reply to: Madden 360

I've seen the 360 connected to a TV and to HDTV. The HDTV connection was much better. Are you comparing some TV screen to that HDTV display?

Collapse -
Crappy Madden

In reply to: Just noting.

Collapse -
Fun.

In reply to: Crappy Madden

I watched and will have to watch more closely at the shop that has the xbox 360 connected to HDTV. What I'm thinking is that few will understand that what they see on such a setup is not what we will get on our TV sets.

Bob

Collapse -
Missing the point

In reply to: Fun.

You are ignoring my complaint. I am not talking about the difference between madden360 on a regualr tv as opposed to a HDTV.

I am refering to the Teaser EA Sports showed on ESPN during the 2005 NFL draft!
The new screenshots and in-game videos EA Sports is showing now does not even come close to resembling the teaser in question.

I am saying that EA Sports falsely advertized the trailer as representative of their upcoming game, and asking why journalists aren't even asking them why. Like I said if this was the white house, this behavior would make sense, but it doesn't, so what gives?

Now either you work for EA Sports of you aren't reading my post clearly enough. Whichever it is please stop the HDTV vs. regular TV smokescreen.

Collapse -
I'm sharing what I'm seeing.

In reply to: Missing the point

I've watched various games at that outlet and the HDTV hookup is not even close to the TV rendition.

Scream at me and get over that, but I'm offering that I agree with you. I'm also wondering how many other games will get the same complaints.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!