The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Mad Dog Keynote

After some Pacific Time to GMT transforming i found out that, assuming i don't wanna do my homework (which is likely when Macworld is involved) I can watch the Keynote LIVE online!!

Any idea where i can find it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mad Dog Keynote
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mad Dog Keynote
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I dont knows where but...

In reply to: Mad Dog Keynote

I dont know where you can watch it live, but Apple usually puts up a recording of the keynote on their site soon after it has finished.

It means that you can do your homework and then watch the keynote Happy

Collapse -
I don't think it is streamed online...

In reply to: I dont knows where but...

I remember one o' the last big Apple things - you know, the one with the crushingly disappointing lack of anything - wasn't broadcast live anywhere. It was 'blogged live' by a bunch of people, but I think Apple prevents live broadcasts on purpose to build hype; they may be experts at a lot of things, but it's probably hype that they're best at.

Collapse -
Possible sites

Yeah, live broadcast is against the policies of apple, but a number of sites do use those cellphone-like network cards to blog what he says live. Here's the one I plan to use:

http://www.macrumorslive.com/

Collapse -
(NT) Cheers :)

In reply to: Possible sites

Collapse -
It won't be streamed live

I am 99.9% sure of it as they have never allowed live footage. But alot of the major MAC sites are allowed to blog live the keynote so you get the play-by-play.

I could be wrong, but I feel confident that is the answer.

Collapse -
Brilliant Idea ignored

In reply to: It won't be streamed live

Somebody in a podcast (pretty sure it was not BOL) suggested after the last one that they should broadcast it live to the Apple stores. I think that is a really good idea, and ensuring enough bandwith for only those locations would not be difficult, whereas trying to provide a feed for everyone on the internet who wants to watch live WOULD be difficult.

In general we need a better system for transmitting and buffering live events. I would be very interested in watching the keynote in near-real time, but I wouldn't mind if it filled a buffer (think youtube, but it obviously cannot progress passed what is current). Then if I progress ahead of the buffer it pauses, I could pause it without loosing the data that's already buffered, and you can rewind and fast forward within the buffered portion. Then at the end, you should be able to transfer the buffer into a permanent file so that you can put a copy on a mobile device. This would make sense for sports, news events, etc. Any thoughts, or better yet is there a product that already does this and it just hasn't gotten ubiquitous adoption?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.