Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Macro Problems

I am trying to create a macro that prompts the user to make a file name then forwards the form on to a certain folder to be saved, and is supposed to then close the form down. I can get the prompt/save feature to come up using an input box but the form just won't close and I get the "debugger" come up on "ActiveWindow.Close" I have tried various terms and combinations, lock and unlock the form etc but still can't get last bit of macro to work. It is for a class assessment and teacher can't solve problem either. The macro will work on a normal word document but not this drop-down form filed document.Help!!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Macro Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Macro Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Macro Problems

In reply to: Macro Problems

Please post your code and I'll try to help you.

Collapse -
Re: Macro Problems

In reply to: Macro Problems

A reasonable teacher shouldn't see a reason to give you a bad mark if you've stumble into a problem he can't solve himself either. So I don't think you've got to worry too much.

The next step in your education: learning to state a problem and to find the right place to get help. That's even more useful than being able to solve it Happy.
The problem description definitely should state what version of what product you work with. I assume it's some version of MS Word with a macro written in the corresponding version of Visual Basic for Applications. But that's only because a macro in an MS Access form is written in another language, and I don't know about 'forms' in MS Excel. Let alone all those third party products that have support for Visual Basic built in. As far as I know, however, it could an html-form with Vbscript. Or am I wrong with that?

And you posted on the Newbies forum. A question on macro programming can hardly be considered a newbie question. How about the MS Office forum (if MS Word) or the Web Development Coding & Scripting forum (if VBscript in html)?

Swisse is a competent programmer. He might very well be able to help you, provided you manage to provide the code, and enough details on the problem so he can reproduce it. It would be interesting to see (although not for Newbies), so it's better to post here than indulge in a private email-exchange, which is possible nowadays.

And if your problem is solved, it would be fair to tell your teacher about what help you got and why you needed it. He won't be cross if you're open about that.

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.