Laptops forum

General discussion

MacBook upgrades

by OrionOmega / June 28, 2006 4:08 AM PDT

Hi, I?m interested in buying a MacBook, but I've read than there?s going to be a new version of Mac OS X, called Leopard, my question are:

If I buy the MacBook now, can I upgrade it from Tiger to Leopard free?

Should I wait for Leopard to come out, or buy the MacBook with Tiger?

As you can see, I'm new with Mac, I've been with Windows my whole life. If someone is kind enough to explain me, I'd be very grateful

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MacBook upgrades
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MacBook upgrades
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'd try a Mac forum about this OS, but a small update ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 28, 2006 4:59 AM PDT
In reply to: MacBook upgrades

From what I read enabled the 2nd mouse button.

Collapse -
Wait for Leopard
by Ghost26-20878886633866019035262628200812 / June 28, 2006 10:41 AM PDT
In reply to: MacBook upgrades

Wait for Leopard. You will not have to pay for another license and the upgrade is soon, in about 2 weeks I think no ?

So wait.

Collapse -
Thanks.
by OrionOmega / June 28, 2006 12:39 PM PDT
In reply to: Wait for Leopard

Thanks, now I know I've to pay for the upgrades. I'll wait.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.