Question

Macbook start up issue

I have a 2007 macbook pro specs below, It has a start up issue whereas it wont boot unless I leave it plugged in for a few hours but not on, it will then boot correctly and work fine, If I then try to restart it it go through the process then just the CD whirring noise, no apple 'Boing' noise and nothing?, again then if I hold the power button and completely shut off and leave for a few hours it will boot and work fine??
Tried resetting Memory, PRAM, SMC, used different batteries and chargers still the same thing?

Help!!!! please

Matt

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.16f11
Serial Number (system): W87511YJX91
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001EC2075543
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Macbook start up issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Macbook start up issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Are these batteries over 2 years old?

I wonder if this is just another case of the old battery.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Help

Hopefully, I have another same model Macbook Pro is it just a case of swopping batteries and charging and trying?

Thanks Bob

- Collapse -
I wouldn't.

There is some issue about battery calibration on some models. But the story is incomplete and my subtle hint/question was not answered.

I know folk are upset about the rather short battery life spans but keeping an old battery in these laptops is good for sales of new laptops.
Bob

CNET Forums