General discussion

MacBook Region Free?

Will my MacBook play a Region 2 DVD as is?

Thanks

Billy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: MacBook Region Free?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MacBook Region Free?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Unlikely

It's unlikely, but I also can't say as I recall ever running into a region change setting on any Mac I've ever used. I also can't say as I've ever been looking for such an option, but I do like to poke and prod things. So it is either region free, or more likely, it's set at the factory based on where the unit is being shipped to, and cannot be changed.

Best thing I can suggest, is just popping in a DVD and seeing what happens.

- Collapse -
HELP!!!! LOL!

I just want to play a Japanese (Region 2)imported DVD on my Proscan (Region 1) DVD Player or my Slimline PS2. I know there are codes that will allow me to watch the DVD, I just don't know where to find them.

Billy

- Collapse -
You're on your own

You're on your own, as I rarely buy DVDs, and then never buy them from other regions. I'd suggest a Google search along with what may be many hours of tedious reading up on the subject.

- Collapse -
Locking This Thread

Although hacks for region free DVD players are available and it is possible to purchase a region free player, it's still a discussion about circumventing various protection schemes by the manufacturer.. Such discussions are against forum policies..

Thank you for considering our forum policies.

Grif

CNET Forums