Try fresh heatsink compound all around the parts that need it. Be sure the battery is 18 or less months old and not swelling or showing any age signs.
If that's in shape, then it's the mainboard.
I have a MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010) that I am having some problems with, it shuts down randomly. I don't know what it could be, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
The computer shuts down immidiately if I try to run a program. otherwise it may shut down at any time. It can run a long time if it's not beeing used / operated
- Removed the fans and cleaned them.
- Disk Utility, repear.
- Safe Boot:
- Single User Mode, fsck -fy and got "Appears to be OK"
- Deleted and reinstallation Mavericks.
- Reset the NVRAM
- Run Ccleaner
- Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC).
- Download temp & fan monitoring app (Temperature Gauge Pro)
Fans run at 1999 RPM.
all tempratuerer is between 32 C to 60 C, except GPU Diode (Analgo) who have 127 C..
Anyone who knows what the problem might be?