Question

MAC OS X Silverlight

I'm running OS 10.4.11 and downloaded silverlight back in 2009. Late last year I received a notification from Apple that a new version was available, so I downloaded and proceeded to iinstall. But it stopped and said it would not run on my OS version. In the process it apparently disabled the installed version as I have not been able to load the website that used Silverlight since. So the question is how do I start all over and reinstall the original version which I believe is 08-42-08.pkg?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: MAC OS X Silverlight
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: MAC OS X Silverlight
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Dig around on the Silverlight site

and see if there is an archive of older versions.

Google may be able to help you here too.

P

- Collapse -
Old package

I still have the old package, my problem is in knowing how to uninstall the newer version and re-install it.

- Collapse -
Find the new version, probably in Applications folder

and put it in the trash.

Run the old package and see what happens

P

- Collapse -
Attempted install

When I attempted to run the installer, an error message appeared on the screen for about 1/10 second, then another screen appear d saying there were errors installing the sofware and to "Please try installing again."

- Collapse -
Go to the library on the Hard drive and find

CNET Forums