Computer Help forum

Question

m4n68t motherboard compatability with Rx 560

by noblessse711 / October 26, 2017 9:40 PM PDT

I currently have an asus m4n68t motherboard and i need to know if it can use the sapphire rx 560 pulse 2gb

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: m4n68t motherboard compatability with Rx 560
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: m4n68t motherboard compatability with Rx 560
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Gpu
by Bob__B / October 26, 2017 9:57 PM PDT

Your mobo has the proper slot type for the card.

Tell what psu you have.
Make+model......read the label on the psu.

Collapse -
350 watts
by noblessse711 / October 26, 2017 10:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Gpu

I am currently using a 350 watt psu with my hd 5770 1gig build which i read uses more power and it runs fine. Im just scared i buy the rx 560 and it has bios conflicts and stuff

Collapse -
My pc
by noblessse711 / October 26, 2017 11:19 PM PDT
In reply to: Gpu

If you need my build info

Amd phenom ii x4 965 BE
Ati radeon hd 5770 1Gb
160 Gb harddrive
6Gb ddr3 ram
350 watt psu

Collapse -
Answer
350 Watts is an issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 26, 2017 11:47 PM PDT

The Rx 560 TDP is 75W.
The CPU is 140W.
We'll add 20W each for motherboard, HDD, ODD and such so 60W.

This gets us to 275 Watts and we know the old power supplies are best left at 50% rated load.

You should update the BIOS to latest and run a 64 bit OS and it should be fine. But that PSU. You claim the old GPU draws more but time and time again I run into issues when the PSU is this tight.

Since I can't find which motherboard, I can't check if anyone reported other issues.

Collapse -
M4n68t
by noblessse711 / October 26, 2017 11:56 PM PDT
In reply to: 350 Watts is an issue.

Asus has like nothing on its website about this mobo thats why i've been struggling so much. Believe i'm just going to leave the pc as is until ive saved enough to replace everything or i'll replace everything 1 part at a time,we'll see. Thanks very much for the help. No more sleepless nights

Collapse -
Actually Asus has about 4 to 6 M4n68t models.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 27, 2017 12:42 AM PDT
In reply to: M4n68t

I don't see any reason for a problem yet due to BIOS or board. Only when folk try an older Windows or 32 bit would I expect issues.

Collapse -
Psu
by Bob__B / October 27, 2017 4:11 AM PDT
In reply to: M4n68t

Your psu is not meant for gaming.
No matter which way you go, replace in pieces or replace all, you will need to bump that at least 100w and a single rail unit.

Your mobo.
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4N68T/

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?