Question

m4n68t motherboard compatability with Rx 560

I currently have an asus m4n68t motherboard and i need to know if it can use the sapphire rx 560 pulse 2gb

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: m4n68t motherboard compatability with Rx 560
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: m4n68t motherboard compatability with Rx 560
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Gpu

Your mobo has the proper slot type for the card.

Tell what psu you have.
Make+model......read the label on the psu.

- Collapse -
350 watts

I am currently using a 350 watt psu with my hd 5770 1gig build which i read uses more power and it runs fine. Im just scared i buy the rx 560 and it has bios conflicts and stuff

- Collapse -
My pc

If you need my build info

Amd phenom ii x4 965 BE
Ati radeon hd 5770 1Gb
160 Gb harddrive
6Gb ddr3 ram
350 watt psu

- Collapse -
Answer
350 Watts is an issue.

The Rx 560 TDP is 75W.
The CPU is 140W.
We'll add 20W each for motherboard, HDD, ODD and such so 60W.

This gets us to 275 Watts and we know the old power supplies are best left at 50% rated load.

You should update the BIOS to latest and run a 64 bit OS and it should be fine. But that PSU. You claim the old GPU draws more but time and time again I run into issues when the PSU is this tight.

Since I can't find which motherboard, I can't check if anyone reported other issues.

- Collapse -
M4n68t

Asus has like nothing on its website about this mobo thats why i've been struggling so much. Believe i'm just going to leave the pc as is until ive saved enough to replace everything or i'll replace everything 1 part at a time,we'll see. Thanks very much for the help. No more sleepless nights

- Collapse -
Actually Asus has about 4 to 6 M4n68t models.

I don't see any reason for a problem yet due to BIOS or board. Only when folk try an older Windows or 32 bit would I expect issues.

- Collapse -
Psu

Your psu is not meant for gaming.
No matter which way you go, replace in pieces or replace all, you will need to bump that at least 100w and a single rail unit.

Your mobo.
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4N68T/

CNET Forums