HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

M-Audio audiophile driver problems

by elbowdeeep / October 10, 2005 12:58 PM PDT

I am running Windows Xp OS an I can not get my M-Audio audiophile driver to configure with my system. My computer will not reconize the driver after I am done loading it onto my system.

Any suggestions because I have been trying to figure this out for about four months.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: M-Audio audiophile driver problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: M-Audio audiophile driver problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
more info
by linkit / October 11, 2005 5:06 AM PDT

What is the model number of the M-Audio device?

Collapse -
I have an M-Audio Radium 49 and the drivers wont load
by avabutchers / October 16, 2005 6:54 AM PDT

I have recently (6 months ago) urchased a Radium 49 keyboard/synth/sampler from M-Audio and am running XP Pro but each time i load the drivers it will not respond. It did work fro about a week but then i installed a usb hub to expand to 4 ports and it has stopped working again. I constanly get a reminder on screen saying that i need to install some drivers. each time i do it and after a reboot it goes back to square one. Even when i go back through the the re-install it still does not recognise the drivers even though they are original from vendors original disk

PLEASE HELP...............
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Collapse -
Any luck?
by muttahs / December 29, 2005 5:57 PM PST

Hi there,
I'm in the same boat. The computer won't recognise the driver or shut down properly when it's installed, it goes to standby. Did you have any luck resolving this?
Many Thanks
Levi Burr

Collapse -
Same Problem
by safree2000 / February 6, 2006 7:10 AM PST
In reply to: Any luck?

There definitely seems to be a big compatibility problem with the Audiophile 24/96 and Windows XP. From what I've heard, tech support at M-Audio seems unable to solve the problem and Microsoft disclaims responsibility.

While I haven't had a chance to try this yet, assuming the card is installed in a slot other than #1, has anyone tried moving the card to PCI slot #1 (making sure to uninstall the driver(s) first from Device Manager, then reinstall them after swapping the cards)? I know this worked with a Turtle Beach Montego card I had years ago, when nothing else would.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.