Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Lying filth - Will the democrats stoop any lower?

by SteveGargini / October 26, 2004 11:11 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lying filth - Will the democrats stoop any lower?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lying filth - Will the democrats stoop any lower?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Disgusting,isn't it ?
by Tony Holmes / October 26, 2004 12:45 PM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks Tony - great link
by SteveGargini / October 27, 2004 5:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Disgusting,isn't it ?

A wonderful quote from that site

"Day after day it's the same thing: Weapons cache, the draft, Social Security, stem cells. It's one lie after another that this party continues to mount, continues to try to base a campaign on because they are filled with rage and hatred."

Just about sums it all up with the democrats Tony

Collapse -
Re: Lying filth - Will the republicans stoop any lower?
by netsky / October 26, 2004 12:59 PM PDT

skrawaawaawwaaaw,

skrawaawaawwaaaw,

skrawaawaawwaaaw,

skrawaawaawwaaaw,

*the sound of a steel needle in the inner groove of a neglected victrola record. Ah, the record? A political record. A broken record. A dull republican steel needle.

skrawaawaawwaaaw,

skrawaawaawwaaaw,

skrawaawaawwaaaw,

the spring motor should wind itself down presently

skrawaawaawwaaaw wahhh wahhhh wa...a..a.

good. This grating noise is finished

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Is it November 2nd already? LOL
by W2X3XP / October 26, 2004 1:05 PM PDT
Collapse -
we hope the spring motor winds down by then!
by netsky / October 26, 2004 1:53 PM PDT

but the spring coils are SO tightly wound up in about 50 million republikant's bowels...

old SNL sketch: Ooooo what's wrong honey?

I've got...di-ver-tic-u-li-tis, ooooo.

-Them what can, do.

-They make intelligent debate.

-They do not post up links to fatuously-fake-personal-salutation GOP hate-screeds as if it were a personal letter to self from the Grand Old Poo Bah, hisself.

-They canvass their neighborhoods for votes.

-They do lots of things...

but .... I keep hearing the same replubly's-who-cant complaint: ooooooo.. di-ver-tic-u-li-tis.

Laughter, my friends, is your best medicine.

and avoid popcorn

-grin at all-

Collapse -
a constructive, friendly idea for steve
by netsky / October 26, 2004 2:00 PM PDT

well, nearly freindly and constructive.

See, -canvassing- is a great thing. I myself don't canvass because I have a bit of a back problem. When I stand up long I need to sit. When I sit I need to stand. Hence, netsky has a funny posture over his poor dog. lol at self!

Now, maybe you are more able bodied? Maybe you can go to the pubs of Chelsea or the nursing home at Grimswold and recruit some Bush votes. Or drive voters to the polls right to the polls on election day? But please, I guess there is no need to remind you, keep on the left side of your roads.

grin again- I would like to like you better, old fellow,

Collapse -
Re: The 'lying filth' I see is your link
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / October 26, 2004 1:07 PM PDT

Just becuase the truth exposes your guy's incompetence doesn't make it wrong, Steve. If I were supporting such a consistent cockup, I'd be plenty ticked, too! And you'll note there are no links in the highly partisan link to verify the claims via a neutral site (60 Minutes, say...)

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
60 Minutes and 'neutral site' is an oxymoron, especially
by Kiddpeat / October 26, 2004 2:43 PM PDT

after Rathergate. What is a 'cockup'?

Collapse -
Are you serious?
by Evie / October 26, 2004 9:24 PM PDT

60 Minutes just blew any credibility it had left after that Rather shameful episode of the forged documents obtained via Kinkos fax. But it is clear the Times wanted to beat them to the punch and spoiled their October surprise scheduled for this upcoming Sunday.

All of these disgraceful outlets exposed their overwhelming desire to get Kerry elected at all costs, in their cases sacrificing any journalistic standards, long ago. This was a final straw.

Cockup? That doesn't sound like a term that the TOS would allow.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
word fun for Evie
by netsky / October 26, 2004 11:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Are you serious?

"Cockup? That doesn't sound like a term that the TOS would allow.

Evie "

====

I did not know that funny, word, either. Here is its definition from wordreference.com :

cockup
A noun
1 ballup, balls-up, cockup, mess-up

something badly botched or muddled
Category Tree:
act; human_action; human_activity
?^nonaccomplishment; nonachievement
?^mistake; error; fault
?^ballup, balls-up, cockup, mess-up

========

Evie, you know, I have made many cockups, myself.

I somehow doubt the same, of any inference, can be said of yourself.

You are so perfectly unassailable in every sense but the logical.

Is there anything we might enjoyably debate, leaving out entirely silly smilies and references to near-obsolete words?

Collapse -
This is hilarious... LOL
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / October 27, 2004 9:08 AM PDT
In reply to: word fun for Evie

"Cockup? That doesn't sound like a term that the TOS would allow.

Evie"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Evie, you know, I have made many cockups, myself.

netsky"

=======================================

Either one is deprived of it or one has too much of it.
:
:
:
:
Word for fun alright! Leave it be...hehheheh

Collapse -
Re: Are you serious?
by Diana Forum moderator / October 26, 2004 11:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Are you serious?
Collapse -
your name and clarity makes me feel poetic
by netsky / October 27, 2004 12:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Are you serious?

It's nice to see an M put up a salient point like that.

Diana, i do not know you.

Goddess of the moon. A bright light in the sky.

---the most beautiful old song I know is "My Evening Star"

The author wrote of his wife, just died.

And as his song was published fate took -his- life, t too; this is about 1890. He wrote the song on a passenger train.

i cannot find a web reference to "My Evening Star"- so my memory of the lyric is likely a bit imperfect:

very slowly, with feeling...

my evening star
i wonder where you are
way up so high
like a diamond in the sky.
no matter what i do-oo
i'll still wait here for you-oo
my evening,
my lovely, evening star....

Collapse -
Amen, Diana
by Josh K / October 27, 2004 12:58 AM PDT

Bush ought to have a plaque saying "The Buck Starts Here" on his desk.

Collapse -
Ummm, only AFTER they became the laughing stock of
by Kiddpeat / October 27, 2004 1:22 AM PDT

the internet. I must have missed it. Did Rather admit HE was wrong? It wouldn't take nearly so much evidence for the administration to admit an error. The problem is the left wants them to own up to errors in matters where there is a difference of opinion.

Collapse -
Re: Ummm, only AFTER they became the laughing stock of
by netsky / October 27, 2004 1:27 AM PDT

"the internet. I must have missed it. Did Rather admit HE was wrong? It wouldn't take nearly so much evidence for the administration to admit an error. The problem is the left wants them to own up to errors in matters where there is a difference of opinion."

Sloppy sarcasm, there, KP. Off to KP duty wit you!

Rather abased himself ra-ther! (brit speak) He aplogized properly and deeply but NOT SOON ENOUGH.

"It wouldn't take nearly so much evidence for the administration to admit an error."

Name us one instance of the Administration ever admitting any error. And then let us see what comes of dissecting the impetous behind any such admission.

I can't think of any ---admitted errors-- of this Administration.

Can anybody help me here?

Collapse -
Re: Ummm, only AFTER they became the laughing stock of
by Josh K / October 27, 2004 1:47 AM PDT

Nope, I can't think of one either. Oh wait, Bush joked about wishing he hadn't appointed a few people during the last debate.

Dan Rather ran with a news story that was based on bad information. He apologized on the air, both personally and professionally.

The United States INVADED A COUNTRY based on bad information. Over a thousand US soldiers have died as a result, and yet nobody has apologized. In fact Bush says he'd do it all over again even if he'd known the intel was bad.

And I'm sure the families of those dead soldiers really enjoyed his little joke about looking under the furniture for WMDs.

Collapse -
Over 3 times that number of brave soldiers died within
by SteveGargini / October 27, 2004 5:56 AM PDT

minutes in New York Josh, all innocent people.
Your view on terrorism is very very narrow Josh.
Bush has proven already that terrorist are linked to Iraq. Just take a look at all the terrorist actions going on in Iraq at this very moment in time.
I am glad to see on news 24 that there are many americans with a greater sense of understanding.
I hope those good folk are rewarded with the re-election of someone with guts, Bush of course.
Well you honestly didn't think I was refering to that lying Kerry, did you?

Collapse -
Mac, you are a free thinker, right?
by netsky / October 27, 2004 6:11 AM PDT

What is the ill logic of this sentence quoted from Steve's post above:

"Bush has proven already that terrorist are linked to Iraq. Just take a look at all the terrorist actions going on in Iraq at this very moment in time."

I ask you to do the honors on Steve's mistaken logic, because an old, mutual acquantance tells me you can argue the points for either political side.

Collapse -
Re: Over 3 times that number of brave soldiers died within
by Josh K / October 27, 2004 6:55 AM PDT

Steve:

The terrorists in Iraq started pouring in AFTER we invaded and the borders opened up. We didn't go in and find them already there.

It's not about a narrow view. It's about priorities and in my opinion, going after the people who actually attacked us should have come first. It didn't. In 2002 Bush said (on camera, to a reporter) that he wasn't all that concerned about bin Laden. He denied having said that during one of the debates but he said it.

"He just doesn't get it."

Collapse -
by SteveGargini / October 27, 2004 10:37 AM PDT

I doubt that Bush meant that he wasn't bothered about Bin Laden. That wouldn't make any sense whatever after 3000+ innocent americans died on 9/11.
That's if he said it at all in the context that you imply. It depends on what was being asked at the time, and you haven't given a full account of the interview.
As far as the terrorists pouring in to Iraq after the invasion, proves to me that they all existed in that part of the world, but not necessarily in Iraq.
Now we can kill them all - now isn't that something.
Our black watch is going to the area where all these punks hang out - I look forward to hearing about a lot of dead terrorists.

Collapse -
by W2X3XP / October 27, 2004 11:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
What the hell are you talking about X
by SteveGargini / October 27, 2004 12:22 PM PDT

Where was I criticizing your government.
I think you must be on the same drugs as that moderator who keeps taking my posts off of here.
The video is inconclusive, as I have already said.
I will not be making any more posts to this thread, whilst Cnet has got a raving lunatic moderator removing them.
Goodbye and good riddance

Collapse -
Sure blame the CNET mods not yourself....
by W2X3XP / October 27, 2004 12:50 PM PDT

You sure insulted them! You will probably get an email about your forum behavior.

Collapse -
A deep apology, alright...
by Dragon / October 27, 2004 2:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: A deep apology, alright...
by Josh K / October 27, 2004 3:09 AM PDT

So if he hadn't apologized, you'd be all over him for it. Since he did, you claim it wasn't genuine. What would work for you?

Collapse -
Don't let him divert from the case at hand:
by netsky / October 27, 2004 4:23 AM PDT

This Bush jerk cannot ever admit an error.

He's made many documented errors.

He cannot ever admit an error.

His ego-crazy cohorts, the ones who will vote multiple times for him if they can, cannot admit that Bush has made documented errors.

His cohorts exhort, retort, contort until blue in their faces that Bush has never made an error.

This would seem like a laughable oversimplification until the reasoning reader looks around at this SE place. He sees that yeah, netsky is not exagerating one little bit.

Bring up this question of the fumbled war effort, and you get "terrorists want Kerry for president.

Bring up this question, that question, any question of credibility or Halliburton raping our war effort to pocket unearned milliongs, and you get 'what are you, anti-American?

NO, i am not. I am for debate and logic and substance. I find I am an American of shrinking size in partisan rallying crowd of 100% Amerikans.

thems the apples, jacks.

Collapse -
Re: Don't let him divert from the case at hand:
by Dragon / October 27, 2004 7:17 AM PDT

Let start with one thing at at time. What does Halliburton, and charges against it, have to do with Bush?

Collapse -
Re: A deep apology, alright...
by Dragon / October 27, 2004 7:04 AM PDT

I really didnt care much, either way -- whether he apologized or not. I was saying that, according to his own words, his apology rang hollow.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?