General discussion

Lt. Col. Allen West on Islam

http://www.youtube.com/v/TkGQmCZjJ0k

The obvious Truth hurts? He says much the same as I have, that Islam is NOT just a religion, but a political system that hides behind a religious facade and a false prophet.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Lt. Col. Allen West on Islam
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Lt. Col. Allen West on Islam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It never has been just a religion

and this current conflict has never been just about religious differences.

It's great that this Lt Col states this, but it is sad that he has had to reiterate it so late in the day and that Americans and others still fail to understand.

Islam rules their followers lives. It isn't 'political'; it is their whole life and their whole way of conducting their lives, from birth to death and beyond. Politics is as foreign to them as Chinese is to us. It is only contradictory to us Westerners because we continuously fail to understand what Islam is about. Islam believes all other religions are wrong, and that all other religious believers are in error, and need to be saved.

Christianity did this in the Middle Ages. Christianity ruled everything in European lives from birth to death and beyond. Christianity also exported to other civilisations, by force if necessary, and ruled everything through the Pope. Politics didn't come into it, except the politics of religion.

We, (Westerners), will never be able to force Islamic countries to accept our way of life, because Muslims consider all Christians to be fools and misguided.

The Qur'an on Christianity

"V.2:113 The Jews said that the Christians follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); and the Christians said that the Jews follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); though they both recite the Scripture. Like unto their word, said (the pagans) who know not. Allah will judge between them on the Day of the Resurrection about that wherein they have been differing. "

And by the way. Do I assume you support Israel against their neighbors who wish to eradicate them as a nation, as a people and as a religion? If so I find it interesting that you call Mohammed a false prophet. According to the Jewish religion Jesus is also a false prophet.

Mark

- Collapse -
Prophets
Do I assume you support Israel against their neighbors who wish to eradicate them as a nation, as a people and as a religion? If so I find it interesting that you call Mohammed a false prophet. According to the Jewish religion Jesus is also a false prophet.

Matthew 12:32 - And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:

Luke 12:10 - And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:

There's a big difference between Mohamed and Jesus. Try and apply that Jesus rule to Mohamed and expect Islam to accept it.

I'm not sure what correlation you are trying to draw between the two since they are so radically different. Mohamed was clearly an anti-Semite, both in his speech and his actions. Jesus however said, (Matthew 23:37) "Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" Also his ministry was limited to the Jews with a few exceptions in border areas. Matthew 15:24 - "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Mohamed did not a single miracle, a single sign to justify his "ministry". Jesus however did. Acts 2:22 - "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know..." Jesus didn't attempt to convert by war. Matt 12:15 "But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; And charged them that they should not make him known: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory and in his name shall the Gentiles trust." Jesus didn't rape a 9 yr old girl. Jesus didn't kill a Jew and then rape the man's wife that night. Jesus didn't take a single life. Luke 9:56 - "For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them."

I could go on, but the point is made, Jesus and Mohamed are very different "Prophets", and Jesus proved his through his miracles. Mohamed only did as others and made war, killing those who refused him. Jesus served others, Mohamed demanded to be served. The contrast is clear.

One day the Jews will wake up, realize the mistake they've made. John chapter 19 "when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken. And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced." (Psalm 22, Zechariah 12)

What till that day? Romans chapter 11 "I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?.... For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. 24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved..."

where is Mohamed in all this? He is nothing in this. However there is an allusion maybe to him, being a descendant of Ishmael.

Genesis chapter 16 "And the angel of the LORD said to her, (Hagar) "Behold, you are with child, and shall bear a son; you shall call his name Ish'mael; because the LORD has given heed to your affliction. 12 He shall be a wild *** of a man, his hand against every man and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen."

Galations chapter 4 "Now we, brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise. But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now. But what does the scripture say? "Cast out the slave and her son; for the son of the slave shall not inherit with the son of the free woman." So, brethren, we are not children of the slave but of the free woman."

Mohamed or more likely a descendant, may also be spoken of in the Book of Revelation. The Islamics contend the Mahdi will be a descendant of his and claim he's spoken of in Revelation. They believe he is the rider on the white horse beginning the Apocalypse.
- Collapse -
All religions are political instruments

Nothing new there.

- Collapse -
To some extent....

But in modern times few religions control every aspect of people's lives, whether they subscribe to that religion or not. Islam is unique in the civilized world in that regard.

CNET Forums

Forum Info