HELLO FRIENDS...
I JUST BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP LAST MONTH.
ITS DELL INSPIRON 1545,WINDOWS VISTA.
ITS CONTAINS 4.00GB RAM MEMORY,
320 MB HARD DRIVE,
32-BIT OS,
SERVICE PACK 2.
I DID NOT INSTALL ANY MORE SOFTWARES.
BUT FROM THE DAY I BOUGHT,IF I USE THE SYSTEM CONTINUESLY ABOUT 2 HOURS..ITS SHOWS LOW MEMORY..(IT IS NOT SAYS THE PROBLEM IN VIRTUAL MEMORY..IT SAYS JUST,''LOW MEMORY''..AND MY WINDOWS SLIDE BAR RAM INDICATOR SHOWS LOW MEMORY IN RAM..BUT I HAV 4 GB RAM.)
AFTER SAID LOW MEMORY THEN SAYS TO RESTART THE SYSTEM.
I THOUGHT IT CAUSES MAY BE RUNNING TOO MANY PROGRAMS IN START UP .
AND I JUST DISABLED THE UNWANTED PROGRAMS IN STARTUP.
AND I GOT LITTLE MORE MEMORY SPACE FROM THAT..BUT STILL I AM HAVING THIS PROBLEM.PARTICULARLY IF I RUN ANY MUSIC FILES WHILE I AM IN ONLINE,THE SYSTEM GETS LOW MEMORY VERY SOON WITH IN AN HOUR..
I COULD NOT USE BOTH MUSIC AND ONLINE SURF ON SAME TIME.WHEN IT SAYS AS LOW MEMORY,
JUST WITH IN FEW MINUTES,MY SYSTEM GETS HANG ON..AND ITS FREEZED THEN SYSTEM SHUT DOWN AUTOMATICALLY..
CAN ANY ONE HELP ME ABOUT THIS PROBLEM PLEASE FRIENDS..?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FRIENDS..AND THANKS TO CNET TEAM ASWELL..
COZ THEY ARE DOING FANTASTIC SERVICES..
REGARDS..
ANTONY.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LOW MEMORY PROBLEM IN 4GB SYSTEM!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LOW MEMORY PROBLEM IN 4GB SYSTEM!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: low memory
by Kees Bakker / August 27, 2009 5:33 PM PDT

So you didn't install an antivirus?
And what were those "too many programs" in Startup? Only the original ones as set by Dell to run?

Kees

Collapse -
low memory prob
by franklin2000 / August 27, 2009 6:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: low memory

Thanx for the mail friend..
yes..i just installed the avasti anti virus program.
it is not the problem from avasti because i had this problem already before installed the avasti anti virus..
and i just deactivated in start up like windows slide bar,
yahoo messenger,windows live messenger,dell dock,just like this unnecessary start up friend..so what do you think about this problem?
Do you have any idea 2 solve this?

Collapse -
Re: problems
by Kees Bakker / August 27, 2009 6:13 PM PDT
In reply to: low memory prob

If I were you I would go back to what worked, Vista out of the box. Use the recovery media or recovery partition to go back to factory settings. Then install an antivirus (no problems expected with Avast) from a CD or USB-stick (download it earlier). Then visit Windows update and let it install all service packs and security patches it wants.

Then see if it works satisfactory. If not, post again with more details if possible.

Then gradually add programs to install and use and see where it goes wrong.

Kees

Collapse -
sub: low memory
by franklin2000 / August 27, 2009 6:34 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: problems

Thank you very much for your help Mr.Kees..
i will try that and let you know about it.
But i have tried system Restore 3 times as factory settings after this problem..I think it is include done system recovery when we do the system Restore.But no use from that aswell..
Bu I Have no idea about this..because i am not In software vry much.
anyway i will try your advice..
Thank you so much for your assistance regarding this matter.
Tc.
antony.

Collapse -
Overheating?
by dcrew57 / August 29, 2009 1:49 PM PDT
In reply to: sub: low memory

Just my two cents worth since you mentioned it shutting down which it will do in an overheating situation. also you mentioned in stats its a laptop. they do require adaquate ventilation. maybe the moderator can shed some more light but that would be my first thought.
Thanks Don

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.