Computer Help forum

Question

Low fps on league of legends with high-end pc

by chucave / April 2, 2015 7:37 AM PDT

Hi guys!
My name is Frank.
I built my pc last year, and upgraded my GPU recently.
Here is my build:
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard
Hyperx fury 1x8gb
Amd FX 8350
PNY GTX 780 TI OC (I think its OC)

Disclaimer: I have decent fps according to benchmark based on my build. I can provide further proof if needed, I'm willing to try anything that seems reasonable and feasible suggested by you guys! Happy

I currently have 2 different issues:
When I play league of legends, regardless of settings, I get decent fps (100-150 ish) which is kind of low, and it drops almost every game below 60, sometimes below 40, at certain point, when fights are going on.
I have tested with HWMonitor, and my cpu/gpu arent fully running when it happens, and nothing is overheating either (in the 35-40 degrees Celcius).
I have tried a tons of things, reinstalling, and such, nothing seems to fix it.

Second issue:
When I go into bios (http://easycom.com.ua/data/mboard/1210052106/img/26.jpg) and use performance mode, my pc will inevitably blue screen within 10 minutes usage, with no overheat or anything, with clock_Watchdog_timout or WHEA_uncorrectable_error (these are the most common, about 95% of the time).

Note: it does the same thing if i have 2 bars of ram inserted, no matter which bars/slots

I'm currently considering changing CPU to i7-4790k and my motherboard to fit it, which represents roughly 600$ Can. If anyone of you guys can help me fix my problems and avoid these purchases, ********, it'd save me a lot of trouble/money, and I'm definately looking forward to pay back!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Low fps on league of legends with high-end pc
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Low fps on league of legends with high-end pc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
1x8GB RAM?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2015 7:44 AM PDT

That's going to take the CPU speed down a notch. But I don't think that's the bluescreen issue. But first, LOL FPS rates vary according to many other factors.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1978561/pny-gtx-780ti-perfomance-league-legends.html covers 4K displays and more. I'll not repeat all that here.

The bluescreen is usually a motherboard, heatsink or settings issue. Sometimes it's drivers or a bum part. I don't see a power supply but something in the 600+ Watt single rail PSU would be good to see.

Also, leave the cover off for now.
Bob

Collapse -
here is clarification
by chucave / April 2, 2015 7:49 AM PDT
In reply to: 1x8GB RAM?

I currently have a 500 psu from corsair, forgot to mention it.
I was having fps issues with a Radeon HD 7870 as well.
Covers off! Silly

Collapse -
Single channel RAM.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2015 7:57 AM PDT
In reply to: here is clarification

Don't know which PSU so it's light but my bet is some other issue like a new builder that didn't get the heatsink on right to some issue with drivers and AA filter settings. Only your newer techs point to temps. After a while you learn to redo the compound, check the heatsink landed and fit proper.

Still odd to see that single channel RAM. Who set this up?

Not saying it's heat but there are lots of issues it could be, I work the ones the most common then look at the graphics settings to turn off. For example "i play around with the Graphics. All High, except AA and Ani. Turn it on to 2x. Every time, after 5 min, Game crashes. Turn it off, no single Crash. Just saying. I let it turned off while playing."

That can really cause folk new to all this to lose their minds. Many think all these drivers and code are perfect.
Bob

Collapse -
1 channel ram
by chucave / April 2, 2015 8:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Single channel RAM.
Collapse -
That's a sign of a deeper problem.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2015 8:32 AM PDT
In reply to: 1 channel ram

That throttles speed and lightens the load all around. Also it turns your high end PC into a much slower one. Make calls to the maker for repair.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Here's why I cap FPS to 60.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2015 7:48 AM PDT

Since almost every LCD panel is run at 60 Hz, I limit the framerate or cap it at 60. The extra GPU cycles and ram are then free for the next frame. This can also save some power and may pull a machine's heat signature down a notch.
Bob

Collapse -
Regardless of settings
by chucave / April 2, 2015 7:58 AM PDT

Capped or not, it drops below 60

Collapse -
Yes it will.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2015 8:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Regardless of settings

There are a few reasons for that. High settings, that single channel ram stick but I'd be more concerned with the BSODs. If those happen at the right time, some folk lose what's on the HDDs.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
PS. Link to what to try.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2015 8:14 AM PDT
Collapse -
used to have 2 bars
by chucave / April 2, 2015 8:50 AM PDT

I tried everything on this guide, by the way Silly
Also, with 2 bars of corsair vengeance 4 gb ddr3 1600, I had fps issues. And intermittent blue screens.
By intermittent I mean having a tons of blue screen during 1 or 2 days, then not having any for a week or so.

Collapse -
Which means there's a PC hardware issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2015 8:55 AM PDT
In reply to: used to have 2 bars

Time to get your PC fixed.

Collapse -
seeking for help
by chucave / April 2, 2015 9:08 AM PDT

Seeking for help, am i not?

Collapse -
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2015 10:05 AM PDT
In reply to: seeking for help

And it points to some issue you never got fixed. It's usually bad CPU, motherboard or RAM. In rare cases it's outdated BIOS or someone overclocking. Maybe PSU but you have elected to not share details there.

In short, it's a machine in need of repair. And since it did it since new, your warranty and more applies.
Bob

Collapse -
Hey, I'm seeking help, not hate.
by chucave / April 2, 2015 10:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes.
Collapse -
I like troubleshooting.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 3, 2015 3:20 AM PDT

But here you have a cranky PC in need of repair. It took a lot of posts to get that PSU detail so it's looks fine. Single rail so that will keep you out of another trouble.

Since you tried a few RAM sticks it's likely to be motherboard or CPU troubles. I can't see your heatsink install or work. So get out your heatsink compound and re-do that and hope. There are plenty of web tutorials on that work.

If it still crashes you want to start talking to the machine maker about fixing it with other board or CPU.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!