General discussion

LOW COLOR

Some how I lost the rest of my color. Have only 16 bits ,I had 256, what do I do? I know how to down load drivers on aol but have no idea what driver I am looking for. I am running win 2000 prof

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: LOW COLOR
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: LOW COLOR
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: low color

16 bits is more than 65.000 colors. The maximum is 24 bits (hig colors). 256 bits is nonsense, 256 colors is less then you have now (unless you've got 16 colors, not 16 bits). So your problem isn't clear to me (nor to you, I think).

What happens if you change the color settings in Device Manager?

If you're looking for a driver (which is unclear) you're looking for the Win 2000 pro driver for your videocard. And if you don't tell what videocard you have, we here don't know it either. Find it in the manuals that came with the hardware, in Device Manager, or with belarc (http://www.belarc.com/Download-auto.html).
Then, if you know it, visit the manufacturers site for the driver.

Hope this helps.

Kees

- Collapse -
THANKS

I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTERS JUST LEARNING BUT YES IT IS 16 COLORS WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE COLORS IT STILL SHOWS 16 COLORS THANKS FOR THE ADVISE I WILL GO INTO DEVICE MANAGER AND CHECK HARDWARE TO GET INFO AND TRY TO DOWNLOAD DRIVERS I WAS RUNNING WINDOWS 98 AND LOADED WIN 2000 THAT IS WHEN I LOST COLORS AND SOUND

CNET Forums

Forum Info