Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Love my universal laptop adapter

by Natashanee / April 29, 2015 1:18 PM PDT

I've purchased a universal laptop adapter. Well, saw this and decided since my wife has a HP and I'm a Dell fan it would be great to only have to travel with one charger. Now I'm fully charged and hand it over to her so she can charge too (different voltage and plug size). You don't need to go to big box stores with price tags for a logo to get a version of this as I was appalled to see it was about $39.99 online.

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Hope it works for you.
by Oldartq / April 30, 2015 12:27 AM PDT

My experience says otherwise.

Collapse -
39.99 is a bargain.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 30, 2015 12:45 AM PDT

Not long ago these were 99.99 so you are seeing a good price.
Bob

Collapse -
You can find them for even less
by Pepe7 / April 30, 2015 12:50 AM PDT

IME, even some of the $20 versions offered on Amazon seem to be acceptable clones of what sells otherwise in stores as 'generics' for $40-50. YMMV. Just buy from an e-tailer w/ liberal return policy such as amazon.

Collapse -
works well so fao
by Natashanee / May 14, 2015 1:02 PM PDT

I bought it here and it works well so far. It fits for my pc and my wife's. Easy to charge.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!