Speakeasy forum

Rant

Loud cellphone talker gets ejected from train

by grimgraphix / May 18, 2011 1:05 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Loud cellphone talker gets ejected from train
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Loud cellphone talker gets ejected from train
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
16 hours on moving train and no dropped calls?
by JP Bill / May 18, 2011 1:57 PM PDT

I see a contract in her future as a spokesperson.

Collapse -
I see brain cancer in her future
by James Denison / May 18, 2011 9:25 PM PDT

16 hours of high frequency radiation crammed against her skull. Probably does it all the time too.

Collapse -
Don't you need a brain first....
by MisterZulu / May 18, 2011 9:38 PM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"><span id="INSERTION_MARKER">to get brain cancer? After seeing her on the news, it's obvious that morbid obesity is a more immediate problem for her health.

Collapse -
Is this gonna get fixed any time soon?
by MisterZulu / May 18, 2011 9:40 PM PDT

These weird tags being added?

<div>I thought C|NET was a tech site.
</div>

Collapse -
Try this
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / May 18, 2011 9:43 PM PDT

Before you begin typing in the main box, click the "Toggle View" icon, the one at the end, to the right of the smiley.

That turns off the forum's WYSIWYG editor and allows you to type normally, whilst still using BBS codes as you wish.

It also removes those silly tags. At least I believe it does.

Mark

Collapse -
Okay.
by MisterZulu / May 18, 2011 9:45 PM PDT
In reply to: Try this

But I wasn't using any BBS or any other codes.

Collapse -
And to top it all off....
by Josh K / May 18, 2011 11:00 PM PDT

....she was in one of the designated "quiet cars" where there are signs all over the place saying cell phone use is not permitted. This woman sounds like one of those people who think rules don't apply to her.

Pity about the racist comments at the bottom of that page though.

Collapse -
(NT) That IS a topper!
by drpruner / May 22, 2011 9:04 AM PDT
Collapse -
I generally have a cure for those people
by Diana Forum moderator / May 18, 2011 11:32 PM PDT

I simply join in the conversation. I figure, if they are talking that loudly, they want a group participation. They usually get real quiet or hang up pretty quick.

Diana

Collapse -
People who use cell phones while on the toilet
by Josh K / May 19, 2011 12:20 AM PDT

Those are really priceless, especially if it's a business call. What can't wait until you're done?

I try to flush repeatedly and loudly so the person on the other end will hear and know what's going on.

Collapse -
do a Sinatra
by James Denison / May 19, 2011 2:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
Since when does....
by Tony Holmes / May 19, 2011 2:18 AM PDT

any cell phone have a talk time of 16hrs?

Unless of course she was plain nuts and talking to the lady in the mirror for 16hrs.

Collapse -
That's the problem with those tiny Bluetooth earpieces
by Josh K / May 19, 2011 2:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Since when does....

Unless you're close enough to see them, they make it harder to tell who the crazy people are.

Collapse -
It used to be that, when I heard someone just talking
by Steven Haninger / May 19, 2011 2:58 AM PDT

into the air, I'd switch to the other side of the street.

Collapse -
'Say, lady, can I see that phone for a sec?'
by drpruner / May 19, 2011 2:56 AM PDT

'Oooh- you're breaking up!' Happy

Collapse -
I have become fascinated by the modern need...
by grimgraphix / May 19, 2011 5:03 AM PDT

... to talk on the phone, no matter what else you are doing at the time.

Collapse -
I agree and we now have a new obstacle to watch for
by Steven Haninger / May 19, 2011 6:07 AM PDT

Folks glued to their cell phone and PDA screens standing or walking anywhere and everywhere as if there is no other world happening around them. Some will stand and block one side of a hallway making others go around them. Some will pace back and forth making others dodge them. Some are quite animated and can occupy the space of several people while spinning, bending and flailing their free arm. I long for the old days when the worst I'd encounter in a long hall was three large people walking abreast very slowly and chatting among themselves. All I'd need to do was slow down and be patient and didn't have to walk defensively to avoid collisions.

Collapse -
I hadn't seen it described as fully as you
by drpruner / May 19, 2011 7:50 AM PDT

just did. It does happen that way, and much too often. Hard to call it rudeness on the part of some because it's done without thinking. Sitting on a couch with a Bell handset to my ear I probably used the other arm for gesturing, but the same situation in a public place gives rise to worse behavior.
Well, when I'm dictator of the world it won't happen!

Collapse -
Where are Pinky & The Brain when we need them?
by James Denison / May 19, 2011 5:33 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?