Question

Lost wireless connection to HP Printer

I've suddenly lost my wireless connection, (which had been working fine for months), to my HP Laserjet 100 color MFP M175 color printer.
My wireless router is working fine, with no broadband connection problems. I've followed the (rather complicated) HP 'Help' pages, which basically suggest I hold down the blue 'wireless button' on the printer panel for 2 secs until it flashes and counts down from 2 mins. This is supposed to reconnect the wireless network, but I just get an error message 'Connection failed'.
I'm not an IT expert, and need someone to talk me through fixing this.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Lost wireless connection to HP Printer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Lost wireless connection to HP Printer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sorry but I can't talk you through it.

But I will try a few common issues. Can you share what CHANNEL the Router has the WiFi on?

- Collapse -
Answer
Wifi printer

What OS are you using? Does the printer show up in the system (control panel)? A bit more information might help but it sounds as if the wireless driver has dropped out for some reason. Typically uninstall/reinstall would be the thing to do. But again, a bit more info might help.

- Collapse -
Lost wireless connection to HP Printer

Not sure if this is what you mean, but my wireless router is Netgear brand, and my OS is windows 7.
The printer does show up under 'Devices' on my laptop.
When I first saw it was not printing, the Blue 'Wireless' light on the HP was on, but despite several attempts, (see original message), ithe printer won't reconnect wirelessley.

CNET Forums