General discussion

lost toolbar

win XP
Just changed internet providers and in the process lost the toolbar. now have google bar, did have have the one that has icon for home at the top. How do I find it.
Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: lost toolbar
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: lost toolbar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
lost toolbar

Look under View and then Toolbars. Is it there?

@
\)/
Rose

- Collapse -
lost toolbar......thanks

Thanks for responding.
I looked under view. Toolbars is there but under that is
standard buttons....checked
address bar.....checked
links......checked
zone alarm...spy blocker.......checked
Google toolbar .......checked
also there is ATT toolbar, lock the toolbar, customize...all unchecked.
There is also Explorer Bar with the usual, search, Favorites, History, Google side bar, Zone alarm pop blocker, folders as well as tip of the day.
Sorry to be so long winded..Think the Google toolbar is part of the problem and the zoon alarm bar, never had it before.
I was just so used to the other bar I had....easy to use.
Thanks again

- Collapse -
ATT toolbar

Check out the ATT toolbar, it may be there that you will find the "Home" icon.

@
\)/
Rose

- Collapse -
lost toolbar

when you fiddle around with things and suddenly your toolbar disappears. This is very frustrating if it is the main toolbar with view where you could otherwise get the toolbar back. Well, there is a simple way to get any toolbar back.
Point anywhere in a blank space at the top of your screen where the other toolbars are.
Right click and you will get a popup menu.
There should be the checkmark missing next to your standard toolbar.
Click on it and the toolbar should be back.

Peddu

- Collapse -
Lost toolbar

Did that, the only thing that popped up was'
standard buttons, checked
address bar checked
links checked
Google toolbar checked
AT&T toolbar unchecked
strange when I check the AT&T toolbar nothing happens.....
nothing about standard toolbar.
Thans for responding.

CNET Forums

Forum Info