Computer Help forum

General discussion

Lost driver, 32bit now, help?

by delios93 / March 22, 2010 1:52 AM PDT

okay, here it goes .
I bought Vaio CWseries just last week, windows 7 home premiun .
Just today, i sent my laptop for configuration to be able to use it in my school, complusory for every student to .
But the people there said if they configure it, i have a chance of losing my drive, cos they have to downgrade my 64bits to 32bits, and change it to windows 7 Enterprise . But i got no choice, if i dont configure, i can't use it in school . And after configuration, yup, they told me they can't find my drive, thus losing my vaiocare; gate . I can't even adjust my brightness now . And everything a windows7 can do .. like my startbar can no longer be translucent, can only be solid cos of my drive . Previously, my drive used to be nVIDIA VGA drive something something... but now, its Standard Graphic Adaptor(It suck). Now i wanna ask is, can i system restore back before my configuration, and change it to 32Bits before i send it to configuration again? Cos i googled the driver download, but none works . If i should change it back to 32Bits before going for configuration, how to change it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lost driver, 32bit now, help?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lost driver, 32bit now, help?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If you have the restore disks you ...
by Edward ODaniel / March 22, 2010 2:13 AM PDT

could restore back to 32 bit BUT it is most likely that you do not have it and that the school IT personnel wiped the partitions and installed fresh.

When you posted your message there was (and still is) a NOTE in red text immediately above where you typed your subject title. That Note reads -"Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended."

Had you posted the info asked for I could point you to specific links but you didn't so the best I can do is point you to this link -
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER&PRODTYPE=24

Once there you have three options to get your laptop model's specific drivers -- you are looking for all the 64 bit drivers.

Once you download them you will need to install them.

If you are going to this school for any computer courses, I would suggest looking into another school where the IT support actually has a basic knowledge of computers and operating systems.

Collapse -
I would concur
by Jimmy Greystone / March 22, 2010 2:43 AM PDT

I would concur. The IT staff at that school seem remarkably incompetent, and so if you are there for any sort of IT related training, it's not too late to think better of it.

Collapse -
- -
by delios93 / March 22, 2010 2:48 AM PDT
In reply to: I would concur

can't changed anymore . already in it .. now i'm setting my recovery disc( though its in USB ) . Reinstalling the windows7 again, and setting it 32BIts .

Collapse -
stated
by delios93 / March 22, 2010 2:32 AM PDT

sorry, forgotten to state that, Operating system is Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, model number is PCG-61412W, Model name is VPCCW25FG . helps?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!