General discussion

Lost Contacts and recent mail in outlook

Outlook 2000, Windows NT
Opened outlook and all contacts and recent mail is gone. When opened it pulled mail up from a month ago but shows them all as unread messages. It's almost as if it set up a new account. 5 different .pst's exist on my machine.
Any ideas where to start on this one?
Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Lost Contacts and recent mail in outlook
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Lost Contacts and recent mail in outlook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re:Lost Contacts and recent mail in outlook

I'd look at the last modification dates on those 5 .pst files. Odds are the most recently modified file is the one you're looking for.

- Collapse -
Re:Lost Contacts and recent mail in outlook

1. Situations like this show why it is important to backup pst-files (to CD-RW, for example). While setting this up, you learn what files are in use, and having them backupped regulary helps restoring a good one.

2. I don't have Outlook here, but I think you can see (and change) the location and name or the pst-file in the Options or some properties. I might have a look at my work tomorrow.

Kees

CNET Forums