General discussion

lost access to device manager on win 2000 help!!!

after installing itunes and quicktime i found that i could not find my ethernet adapters or lan connection so i went to the controll panel to look for adapters and modems .....none .This prompted me to go and look at the device manager ..... not there .Sought some other forums and was told to check plug and play services ..... that is up started and automatic , then was told to check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on Local Machine;
Burrow into the registry - SYSTEM/CurrenControlSet/Enum;
Highlight "Enum";
Click on Security-Permissions on Tool Bar;and ensure that the system had full controll and everyone had read,didthat still no solution ...please P L E A S E i need help if anything goes wrong now i cant check any device (win 2000 pro, sp4 updated, p4 2.4 ghz )
H E L P !!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: lost access to device manager on win 2000 help!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: lost access to device manager on win 2000 help!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info