Computer Help forum

General discussion

loss of part of my outlook express

by willtheconk / January 24, 2006 6:14 AM PST

The other day when turning on I had lost all the messages which were in my inbox, and had lost the top half of the named files containing messages. The bottom part of the directory was still there. I am trying to send these to my son so have created a zip file,but this is 11000KB so too large to send by e-mail.He is trying to get me to send by ftp (whatever that is) but I am at a loss to see how to do this. I am now 73 years of age, and I need instructions like turn on computer,go to start click start, then click run, then click whatever I do to change directory to the D drive, Program files/outlook express.zip where these files are. Can anybody help me? Why did the files go walkabout? Then how do I restore them?
All help more than gratefully received,by an old stupid englishman.
Bill

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: loss of part of my outlook express
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: loss of part of my outlook express
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Send that zip file easily by...
by Edward ODaniel / January 24, 2006 2:39 PM PST
Collapse -
loss of part of outlook express
by willtheconk / January 24, 2006 11:26 PM PST

Thanks for message I have indeed tried usendit,but after going for a time it comes up with error on page. This is in the bottom left corner. I then do not know whether to try carrying on with sending it or stopping. Have you had this? Or do you know if it is possible to just carry on sending ( hopefully)?
Help appreciated.

Collapse -
"Error on page" usually not a problem. carry on sending
by caktus / January 25, 2006 3:29 PM PST

This error message is a catch-all statement meaning there is something on the web page that the browser either hasn't read properly (connectivity problem) or there are missing items in the web page itself. This problem normally affects the graphics on a web page.

This can be a temporary glitch (caused by insufficient bandwidth), and may be quickly resolved, or it can have a more complex and longer term problem. With regard to most cases of this Internet Explorer Error message, it is due to not having given sufficient time to download the page you are requesting.

It is necessary to wait until the bottom left hand corner of the page reads 'done' before selecting any other links on the page to move forward.

http://www.updatexp.com/internet-explorer-error-messages.html

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!