HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Losing sound on certain stations

by psue3 / April 2, 2011 11:05 AM PDT

I get the picture on each channel, but at random and almost as a computer virus on a computer, I am loosing sound on channels- one by one and randomly each time I choose a channel. It started with one a few days ago, and each time I turn the TV on, I loose sound on another one. I have never owned a television that gave me any problems in the past or present, and this problem is very puzzling!
Model #LN19A450C1D

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Losing sound on certain stations
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Losing sound on certain stations
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm seeing that on
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2011 11:07 AM PDT

OTA HD stations. Since one of my sets is not Samsung and it does it too, this seems to be the norm for free HD.
Bob

Collapse -
Explain further
by psue3 / April 2, 2011 11:58 AM PDT
In reply to: I'm seeing that on

Bob, I have cable connection -

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2011 1:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Explain further

I didn't read that. Reply to your TOP post with that and the make, model of the Cable box along with the firmware in the HDTV and it's connection.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 4, 2011 5:28 AM PDT

psue3,

Have you tried resetting (unplugging) the cable box?

In many cases surrounding audio related issues, this usually helps fix the issue. In some cases, as rare as they may be, sometimes upgrading the firmware cable box may also be one route to explore. Typically, this can be done while the customers on the phone with the service company.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by psue3 / April 4, 2011 9:00 AM PDT

The television is not connected to a cable box - the television is attached to the wall outlet. There is nothing wrong with my other two television sets which are also connected to a wall outlet. I believe there is something wrong with the Samsung television in which I am more than disappointed. I am disabled and cannot take the television for repair - and am on below poverty income, so the thought of paying for repair makes me absolutely sick. I have NEVER owned a television that had a problem at all, much less would it occur to me that I would have a major problem with a new television (3 years old). Each time I turn the television on and change channel, I have lost sound on yet another channel. As I said in original post - I would compare what is happening to what I imagine would be a computer virus to a computer, although I have firewall and have never experienced a computer virus "first-hand". Please advise -

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 5, 2011 7:47 AM PDT

psue3,

The best suggestion I have would be to contact the Samsung customer service center at 800-SAMSUNG. I don't have any troubleshooting available here for the symptom you're describing. It may be likely that it will be necessary for a technician to inspect your unit.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.