You don't succeed in defining the problem very clear. Things unclear to me are:
- 'turn on the internet'
- 'restore my files from a system snaphot'
- 'leave it on my home page'
Please tell also:
- what browser are you using?
- what is the connection with cable modem (NIC or USB)?
- what software used to connect?
- what does winipcfg display about the connection?
- does 'renew' or 'renew all' in winipcfg help?
- does ping work when browser does not?
- does mail work when browser does not?
- what is the 'home page' in the browser?
- if you set the home page in the browser to blank, and try to browse to a site (like www.help.com) as the first operation, do you get an error message also?
Hope this helps.
I am running Windows98se and lately when I either reboot or startup for the day I turn on the internet and receive a page that says cannot find server.I am connected by cable for the internet and it is on 24/7.This just started about a week ago.
When this happens I have to restore my files from a system snapshot from a previous day and this usually works but I have to leave it on my homepage for the day.
I cannot understand this.It was always fine.